iPad 1 v iPad 2

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by lard44, Jun 29, 2011.

1. lard44 Forum Member

I've been offered a 'good' deal on an iPad 1 - 150 less than the equivalent iPad 2...is it really worth spending the extra 150 on the 2? Given I'll be using it for web browsing, Angry Birds and generally looking like a ponce - what do you reckon?[:s]

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Trust me, you can get one cheaper than 150 less than an iPad 2. Buy 2nd hand if you have to, ive seen a few just a few months old going for a pittance.

3. lard44 Forum Member

Can't find any with wi-fi AND 3G for less than about 300...where should I be shopping?!?!

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Buy 2nd hand, few months old. Someone that wasnt clued up on Apple products and bought before iPad 2 was announced. Then just had to have the latest model when they saw it again at the Apple store.

However, iPad 2 is fantastic. Much nicer to use, Facetime is great if you know other people with enabled devices or Macs.

5. lard44 Forum Member

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the 2...

6. mclannahan

mclannahan Forum Member

I have the 1 and would recommend the 2. Having said that I think both devices will be a lot better with the arrival of OS5 in the autumn. I need to have a go on a proper alternative ( playbook, Android etc...) but I don't find in as conducive as I thought I would. I get a little frustrated with it to be honest and often plump for using my laptop.

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

iOS5 will make them better, but i loved browsing the web on our iPad 1 when we had it.

8. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

I really fancy one. I want to be able to use it as a mini portfolio for when I go and see clients.

I cant warrant the money on an IPAD2 at the moment, but I might go and look at the IPAD1.

9. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

I love my iPad1 but I was very lucky to get it...I won it in a raffle for a pricey sum of $50[eek][:D]

10. lard44 Forum Member

I'm toying with the idea of waiting until I go to the states in a couple of months and getting mine then - since I don't need a 3G one I could save about 60.

Then I wonder if I can be bothered to wait that long or just go to the Apple store tonight...