It's pretty again after the milkfloat incident :-)

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Aphex, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Aphex Forum Junkie

Write off [:^(]

2. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Really? Bugger. I hope you get an ok amount for it.

3. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Thats so ghey, least you can get it back cheap, put a wing and bonnet on and as good as new.

4. Aphex Forum Junkie

eBay here I come

5. Cabby Dave Forum Member

No he cant!

6. Aphex Forum Junkie

7. Cabby Dave Forum Member

You cant buy back cars anymore can you?

8. mk1steve Forum Member

i had the option for my car in december last year

9. Aphex Forum Junkie

I rang them up and they said that if it's a cat c or d I can ahve it for free but if it's not then they'll charge me a small fee.

Hopefully anyway!

10. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

That would be really gutting if you couldn't buy it back. Or get it given back. I was always under the impression, you could.

My mate got his RS back after it was written off, and that was earlier this year???

11. Aphex Forum Junkie

Did it cost him anything?

12. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Nope fairly sure he didn't pay anything for it. Will check tonight.

13. Aphex Forum Junkie

Cheers.

14. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

No problem

15. BigD Forum Member

bummer mate, hopefully you can buy it back, or have it for free, the damage looked fairly minimal tbh and could be picked up cheap from the forums.

16. Pete Taylor Forum Member

I can't see the pics but it sounds like minimal damage. It'll be a category D in that case. Category A and B are straight to the crusher jobbies. Be firm with them, tell them you want to keep the car, you don't want them to write it off and you'd like some cash and they've got a deal. They'll fob you off by first saying they'll write the car off and give you a couple of hundred but no way is it a set deal. There is a lot of room for bargaining :thumbup: I don't know if it applies to category D but if it's category C the logbook will be void. You will have to pay to have the car inspected after it's repaired to make sure it's suitable for the road again

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  17. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Well I had a little look at it at the weekend, and theres nothing bent up on the inside, literally new wing, bonnet, and bend the front part out the lights attached to and jobs a goodun.

18. Aphex Forum Junkie

Sounds good. How does this bargaining malarky go?

If I dismiss their offer won't they just take the car? Sorry but I'm a push-over so need all the advice I can get.

19. Pete Taylor Forum Member

Go for the sympathy vote. Tell them you've had and loved the car for years, spent lots of money on it, are a GTi club member and enthusiast etc etc and it's not possible to not keep it

20. Aphex Forum Junkie

That's what I've told them already :lol: [:$]