Ive just lost my job..... need advice.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by richgit, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Rahul Forum Junkie

:lol: where did this come from :lol: [:s]

2. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

dunno but it's not constructive and is way off the original topic so will be removed :p

3. Guests Banned

r man, paradroiud you we chappy, was getting good an all, cmon, its only us general section fodders on her atm, let us have our fun :)

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

We are done,anyway...... I've filled a cup.

5. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

But back to the topic - Rich, no chance. You aren't getting a job there. Get a mate who works there to write you a reference, as in a paper, written reference on Merc paper! Then include it with your CV......

6. AndrewF Forum Addict

thats a pretty damn good statictic, and should be quoted when you apply for a job at BMW ;) ....prob is how do you then explain why you left. if you really can get a decent ref off your bus manager, say you walked out for some reason (can you say you wanted something closer to you live?)

i have had another thought....from some of the stories i heard i think you were quite likely to get caught having some...er... 'fun' in a company merc at some point and would have likely got fired for that.

7. Golden Forum Junkie

Rich, if this is what your manager and HR actually said then it's bollox.

YOU CANNOT FIRE SOMEONE FOR WHAT THEY MIGHT POSSIBLY SAY SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE!!!!!

I think they've made a gross error in firing you. You say that a colleague overheard you.

This means,

A)They were eves dropping on a private conversation

B)This was a private conversation for the ears of just you and your mate.

You could well argue that far from offending your colleague you had your personal rights violated by her for listening to a private conversation.

A personal conversation is just that, personal. If your *cough, bitch* I mean colleague only heard part of the conversation because she was eves dropping, how could she possibly know the context in which you used the word Nigga. You could well have said to mate just prior to her listening There was a disgusting incident on the train this morning, some said.

Firing someone on the grounds of gross negligence due to racism is a serious matter.

To fire you on the grounds of racism they have to prove intent, otherwise you could potentially be fired for getting accidentally tongue tied whilst trying to say Nigella Lawson.

Did you have or were offered the opportunity to have an impartial 3rd party at your meetings? If not forget anything youve already said and make up a story to suit you. If they disagree then just say they are lying, its your word against theres.

Far from being something a solicitor would touch I should think youd get at least an interest in ambulance chasing lawyers.

Demand a copy of your personnel file and any paper work regarding the incident, they have to give it to you.

If all else fails Ill come down, deck your manager and show the cunt some leather.

Edited by: Golden

8. Steve B Forum Junkie

i think saying your after something more challanging is a great idea, in there heads they will take challenging as meaning more money, it will all add up and you will be hired

unlucky tho rich it does seem a tad unfair but what can you do Political Correctness these days is just stupid and out of control.

i was with some friends doing some filming for uni the other day an asian guy and a white guy and as we were leaving this place i quoted sam jackson from pulpfiction trying to copy his accent "lets go nigga come on!"

he said "who you callin a nigga"

just seemed like an over reaction to me all i was trying to do was to get him to hurry up so i could go get something to eat by quoting a film

9. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Aye, but if Rich said to his white mate "You're acting like a nigger", basically - he's fucked. That counts as gross misconduct if they want it to. In other words, they actually used that opportunity to sack him because he's a faggot who loves boning niggers [:$] . But they have the words he said - because he apologised for saying them.
    Rich, for all his homo stuff and that, does a very good job of being a decent person - I mean I've actually met him, and I still like him. But like I said, if one of my minions said that "acting like a nigga" to his mate, and a black fella/girl hapened to overhear it, they wouldn't even touch the ground on the way out......

10. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Not sure about how the law stands in England, but over here in NI anything you say during your working hours counts as "saying it at work".

11. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

I can't believe why everyone's standing up for Rich. [:s]

He got rightfully sacked IMO.

What makes it less bad is that we all know he'll find a similar, or better, job quickly because he's a loud-mouthed, egotistical gobshite. :)

12. pictonroad Forum Member

Oh dear Richard, perhaps we'll all start calling you Dick.....

Good luck with a new job and curb the Westwood.

13. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Feeling a whole lotta love for the nigga on this thread........ :hug:
    Amusingly, whereas my job description/contract goes into enormous detail about equality, sectarianism, etc.... it also says I can be drunk at work, provided I'm not a "danger to others". I take full advantage of it.... :)

14. Golden Forum Junkie

I wouldn't disagree that Rich was a dick for attempting to be a blood or crip at work in a London Merc dealership, but you shouldn't fire someone for having a warped sense of humour.

In any other "crime" you must show intent to hand out harsh sentences. It angers me greatly that minorities can scream biggot, racisist or bias just because someone uses a word that they themselves, in their own heads, associate with a certain event or type of person.

Where will this attitude end?

Will German be banned as a language in case any word offends a Jew?

Will the word British be banned because it's the first word of BNP?

15. madmonkey Forum Addict

Nice lad, f**ked up at work, got potted.

Shame, end of.

Hell if I got caught mastubating in the MDs desk drawer, I'd expect to get fired. [:D]

16. pictonroad Forum Member

Lucky you never got caught heh?

17. Chris H Forum Junkie

Still a chance I think [xx(]

18. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

If I said the word "Fenian" or "Taig" at work, and my line manager wasn't such an easy-going fenian prick, I'd be booted on the spot. Like I said, we don't have black people/people of alternative race/persons with differently tinted skin/ethnic minorities/ etc. much over here - but it would be a massive issue if we did. The union would love it, another chance to jump in and try to justify their existence....

19. jbmg40 Forum Member

I believe Cadillac are in the process of setting up a UK dealer
    network, so surely Rich's dream job will soon be up for grabs, selling
    Escalades to minted wigga londoners:thumbup:

20. Andy947 Forum Addict

aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: