jenvey DCOE t/bs on 1900cc 16v

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by Alan, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Alan Forum Member

Hi Bill

I'm going to be pulling the 1800cc zetec engine out of my westfield in about 2 months to be replaced with a VX engine. The zetec is running jenvey throttle bodies and a MBE ecu ( this kit http://www.scholarengines.co.uk/Zetec%20throt%20bdy%20inj.htm )

Thought I might be able to use the TB's, fuel rail/injectors and ECU
    I was wondering if you were able to supply the parts needed to fit this kit to a 16v KR engine?
    just a thought as the bits will just be sitting there doing nothing otherwise

Thanks
    Alan

2. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

All you need is the DCOE inlet manifold for the 16v which is 200inc vat.
    depending on the fuel rail on the zetec setup having a flexi link pipe between the 2 bodies you might need to change fuel rail perhaps due to different port centres.
    What did the zetec use for crank sensing? or dissy? (guessing coil pack and crank sensor, as I use a Zetec Gen 2 coil pack on my 1.8t ibiza racecar). You would need to adapt to crank sensor on the KR, with 36-1 wheel, crank sensor, mounting boss for trigger wheel, and blank off your dissy as you would essentially upgrade to wasted spark distributor less ign. (like I guess your Zetec is now)

You reusing the MBE ecu? I use DTA myself.

regards
    bill

3. Alan Forum Member

thanks for the fast reply.

fuel rails has got a flexi pipe in the middle. Although the engine is a gen 1 zetec think it's the same as the gen 2 in terms of coilpack and crank sensor. I only got the car a few weeks ago and am not to mechanically minded so i'm not 100% sure on the electronics.

The reason i'm looking to use the mbe is just because i'll have it spare as the vx has one with it.
    Trying to cost it all out.
    So far think i would need:

Inlet manifold
    36-1 tooth wheel, sensor and mount
    Dissy blanking plate
    Engine loom
    Throttle linkage

Probably loads more needed, anything you can think of?

4. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

loom would be to suit MBE so its plugs form me or loom from MBE or an MBE dealer I think. water temp sensor? air temp sensor (optional). some ign leads from coil pack to valver. possible wideband lambda (if) MBE supports it for mapping.

think that covers most eventualities