Jenvey TB Parts

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by Neal H, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Neal H Forum Member

Hi Bill,

I need some parts for my VW 16v setup. What I have is the DTH TB's, trumpets, fuel rails and injectors. What I am looking for is everything else to complete my set-up. I am not looking for any ECU or loom at the moment as that is still TBD. Can you please send me a quote for this.

Thanks in advance,

Neal.

2. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

you have seen the light

3. Neal H Forum Member

Ha ha, nice piece of kit those Jenveys. I just love buying bits, especially nice bits [:$]

4. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

a lot of the rest of it is dependant on ecu etc... wiring, ign system used (coil pack or dissy etc)

http://badger-5.com/bin/Typical-DTH-Full-quote-q0331.pdf

Typical quote of parts used is as above as a guide.

throttle mech will depend on where you bought the bodies and their body to body linkage arms used at that time

5. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

for all the hassle this is, you are better off buying the whole caboodle of Billo.....the bodies are not the expensive bit of a TB conversion, its the wiring/ecu etc that costs the most

6. altern8 Forum Junkie

yep wiring n ecu aint cheap :(

7. Neal H Forum Member

I have the std Jenvey DTH bodies, trumpets, and rails. I also have crank position wheel, sensor & coil pack. ECU is still TBD, hence no need for the loom just yet. So from the list, I guess what I need are the throttle mech, throttle pot, water temp sensor. In addition to this I guess a f.p.r housing and an air temp sensor would be needed too?

8. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

i used the std vw water and air temp sensors

9. badger5

throttle mech if std jenvey build is t'mech and upper mount brkt, 88 + 15 respectively

my t'mech was different, and at the moment unavailable as i have run out of parts to make it. centre linkages between the bodies was specific to my build spec, so you need to check & confirm what yourss is like first.
    throttle pot is 49 now. have a browse by www.jenvey.co.uk website, as i will offer those prices inc vat. (15% discounted effectively)
    regards
    bill

10. Ess Three Forum Member

Bill,
    How on earth do the Jenvey linkages fit?

On this car:
    [​IMG]

With DCOE type Jenveys, I can see how an upper mount bracket will bolt up, and the linkages fit and work, be it centre pull, cable from left, or left pull, cable from right.

On Stu's car:
    [​IMG]

...with DTHs there is no room.
    The upper mount just won't fit.

I know Stu is using a 1.8T fuel rail, but even with Jenveys own fuel Rails, there isn't room.

And fitting a lower mount will hit the alternator surely?

Your linkage seems by far the best solution - especially for DTHs.
    I just can't see how ANY Jenvey kit will fit without complete re-engineering of the mounting assembly.
    Which parts are you missing for your kit?

I have a mate who could knock a few bits up cheap (lunchtime job...owes me a few favours etc), if the costs are too high to do it legitimately through you.

11. badger5

i need to stock take, it looks like H bracket (black bit in stu's picture) & the throttle cable mounting bracket, as i think i have a pulley left. trouble with these being low volumes its getting questionable to run a batch of the parts again. I have seen a car with these on and jenveys t'mech on there. surprised me to.

12. Neal H Forum Member

Bill, i'll drop you a line tomorrow, it will probably be easier!!