Jetta GTis....

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by o....., Feb 9, 2005.

1. o..... Forum Member

Hey all,

I had an immaculate Jetta GTi 16v a couple of years back, replaced it with a Vento VR6. Now I want a Jetta again, its the best car I ever owned. If anyone knows of a good late one do let me know, 8v or 16v.

Cheers,

o :)
    Edited by: o.....

2. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

you have just got a mk1 dont be so greedy!

3. HAMI Forum Member

was that hey all or hey Al? :lol:

Think he wil have sold it by now but look on the owners club classifieds for a 16v in Oxford. Owned by a guy called John, I test drove it, loved it. but i couldn't afford it at the time. has a spot of rust on the boot lid but it was immaculate apart from that. has reciepts for EVERYTHING bar the petrol. Other than that i know of an 8v in witney, oxon. will see if it still for sale when i go home at the weekend.

regards

Al.

4. alby Forum Junkie

5. o..... Forum Member

Cheers all, I meant to say 'all' not 'al' [:$]

alby, that one is gross! Urgh, modified cars ain't good, I want a standard one, but thank you for looking :)

Ac if you could do that it would be much appreciated :)

Tim : I only have 2 cars right now, not nearly enough, need more! [:D]

I want another Jetta before all the good one's are gone. Maybe i'm already too late.:(

6. HAMI Forum Member

ah, the 8v has a few mods to it. Zorst is far from standard and a few little styling things. he had it on vauxhall(spits) alloys when i saw it first time. but i think he only wants like 300 and it's in good condition from what i know. and it's black.

(I'm talking myself into buying it here. lol :lol: )

regards

Al.
    Edited by: ac81

7. o..... Forum Member

That sounds good al! Any pictures? As long as the mods are un-doable I don't mind. Did you say it was a late one?

Black is good too (reaches for credit card)....

o ;)

8. HAMI Forum Member

as far as i can remember. it's got big bumpers, leccy mirrors, but no PAS and no leccy windows.

Will try and get some if it's still there when i go home at the weekend.

9. o..... Forum Member

Cheers matey!

Would retro-fit PAS if it didn't have it....

10. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Your Jetta was mint. The Recaros in it were sweet. You sold it for a song too!!

11. HAMI Forum Member

Wait a minute.... what colour was your old one?(any pics?) I think i know where it is......

regards

Al.

12. o..... Forum Member

Blimey, you have a good memory Deako! I don't remember telling anyone I sold it, I was too busy hanging my head in shame...Worse than that, I sold it for an Astra cabrio! :obut thats another story...

I got 400 more than I paid for the Jetta when I sold it which I was happy with. I made money out of driving it for 8,000 miles if you look at it like that. To this day I regret getting rid of it, even though my Vento was pukka. If the car had power steering, chances are i'd still have it. Only found out about the retro-fit option after I sold it...:clap:

I REALLY want another Jetta. The vento was good but too many electrics and ABS units to go wrong, as well as a rubbish electric sunroof that cut down the headroom far too much..

13. o..... Forum Member

My old one was that rare aqua marine colour.

I still know where it is, its near me in Coventry, the owner invited me to go see it! Don't think I will though, i'll probably just [:^(]

Thanks al, and thanks Deako for the compliment about my Jetta, your right, it was the mutt's....

14. Dave J Forum Member

you know it makes sense to get another Jetta! ;)
    Good luck finding a decent one...I spent f**kin ages looking for a decent low mileage fsh one, gave up in the end and bought a Golf cab. After that i decided i Had to get a Jetta in Capri Green (talk about limiting the market!) Mine turned up about 5 miles away from me in the end. It had no history or power steering, but it was the right colour and spec I wanted. I aint selling this one for a long time now! Paid the price for no history though, i had to rebuild the engine last year! [:^(] Tis sweet now though! :)

15. o..... Forum Member

Yours is the same colour as mine was! Capri green is it? I'm hoping the same sort of thing happens to me, e.g.Ikeep my ear to the ground and hope a good one comes up....

o [:D]

16. Dave J Forum Member

Yep, Capri Green. :thumbup: The best colour on a Jetta in my (slightly biased) opinion. There was an Hreg 8v on ebay a couple of weeks ago that went for 350! wasnt mint but a cheap motor...

17. o..... Forum Member

Argh, can't believe I missed that! I hate ebay, i'm jinxed on everything I bid on...

:)

18. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

You were selling it for 1800 at the time IIRC?

Did look nice. I even considered buying it as a donor car for my engine rebuild which was taking place in the Jetta i had at the time, but it was a little out of my reach.

19. o..... Forum Member

Glad you didn't get it then! Ripping out the engine of a fab car like that?!?!:o:o

It went for 1.5k in the end, am happy with that :)

20. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

No, it would have had the VR6 i was rebuilding at the time. Eventually it put out 211bhp on the rollers in my Jetta shell! [:D]