jetta vs arena tesco railings

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by pyrotechnix, Jul 9, 2008.

1. pyrotechnix Forum Member

a few months ago i bought a vw jetta and loved it! i serviced it, and cleaned it all up and started makin plans for it. tyres were next on the list, was gonna use the GTI wheels (now on the GL) but me bein me i put it off for another day... very big mistake... comin back from nuneaton on the A444 i turned in to tesco, the car started to turn and we were goin round to the left with no problem... then the scary part, it literally just drove off the road, up the curb and smushed into the railings... oh sh** was my inital response!!
    any way ..... pix....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ooooppss!! only had it a week!!

andy

2. Steve B Forum Junkie

doesnt look too bad, an hour on a jig if the chassy leg is bent. you can pic up a headlight and rill for pennies (from me ) lol can even get you a standard small bumper. all you need then is a wing

3. Steve B Forum Junkie

ps check out the jetta owners club [:D] in my sig

4. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Ouch indeed! Do you think it'll be fixable then? Looks like its creased making the door stick out a little bit?

5. pyrotechnix Forum Member

i suppose it could have been fixxed but alot of time and effort, the leg was about 2inches inboard and raised by an inch, A post was ****ed along with the two doors, wishbone, drive shaft, tie rod and wheel... i just gave up, took the engine and suspension and put them in my golf! it only cost 130 quid, so no major loss.

6. nealey Forum Junkie

think quite a few people must do that as the fences around there are always battered

7. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Ouch, will be extra carful next time I go to Tesco on my lunch!

8. pyrotechnix Forum Member

it was pi**in it down and had pretty much bold tires, was mad tho, itjust sorta drove off the road and in a split second was embeded in the railings!! lmao

9. Steve B Forum Junkie

lesson learnd then lol unlucky tho, shame

10. fthaimike Forum Addict

not very surprising there [:$] , lucky you wern't travelling at great speed ;) .

11. pyrotechnix Forum Member

yup, lesson learned!! lol i just wish i had put the gti wheels n tires on, was gutted... but these things happen!

12. fthaimike Forum Addict

I hold my hands up for forgetting to check my tyres before but luckily it got pointed out to me before they got any worse.

13. turbotommy Forum Member

If it turned in ok and was alright at 1st it sounds like there could of been diesel on the road along with the water (was it like black ice? grip then NO grip?) understeer is usually pretty progressive even if there is hardly any grip.

14. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

what was the bill from the council or did you drive off??

15. pyrotechnix Forum Member

thats what shocked me, like i said it just let go!! there is grip tape style tarmac running up to the lights, and then it stops, think maybe that caused the sudden loss of steering!! was very wet, and oil etc loves to spread in water...

16. pyrotechnix Forum Member

lmao, i had to kick fu** outta the wing, jack it up, take the wheel off, tear away the inner mud guard, piece it all back together and then kick the wing some more... by which time the security and the police had arrived... bad news! lol so no quick get away for me at all!!
    i gave my details, the car was legit, was tesco property, and i still havent heard yet!...
    only a matter of time....

17. jApAn Forum Member

Moar pics!

18. pyrotechnix Forum Member

a few more pix :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry for poor quality...

andy