juddering in 4th gear

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by dazzer-b, Mar 7, 2004.

1. dazzer-b New Member

my 1998 1.8t judders only sometimes in 4th gear it usually happens when im just cruising on the motorway without my foot touching the accelerator then when i put my foot down sometimes it will judder for about 3 or 4 seconds,

i took it to a garage and told me the MAS was knackered so i changed that and it still does it. since then i have changed the spark plugs, air filter, and the turbo blew up a couple of weeks ago so that has been changed and it still does it i recently added a bailey motorsport BOV but it still continued to judder with the stock DV and after market BOV any ideas please help this is doing my nut.

dazzer-b

2. Tonsk Forum Member

no idea really...[quess]check all the vacuum pipes?[/guess]

3. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

i would of said spark plugs but you have replaced them.
    similar thing happened on a mates car, on low boost it would run fine, but on high boost putting your foot down in high gears it would judder and not like it.
    changed em and set them up properly again and it runs fine now.

4. dazzer-b New Member

i bought the corect spark plugs for the car but i didnt bother to use the feeler gauges i would of thought they would be the correct size, it does it a little bit more in the cold if that helps.