Just Bought a Skoda Octavia VRS PD170

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Brookster, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

We been pondering on what to but for work

The new company do not supply a company car but give a 5100 per year car allowance. [:D]

i prefer this system as the car is yours unlike company cars which you pay a ridiculous amount of tax on and at the end of the day its not yours [:x]

So today o took the plung and bought a brand new Skoda Octavia VRS PD170 (Turbo Diesel) in Metallic Black.

Great deal and on 3 years @ 1.5% APR

Also got the Mrs's a Fabia Sport 1.4TDI in White :thumbup:

Got Great deal on both cars can't wait to pick the Octavia up next friday, had two in the past but 20VT Models.

What can they PD170 Be chipped upto without any other mods ?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

They'll go over 200bhp, but ditch the DPF and they'll do 240 according to Awesome. Same engine as the mrs's altea fr i think.

3. Brookster

240 sheesh [:D]

What's the Engine code on them i'll have a look :thumbup:

Is it the BMN Engine ?

Got it for 16891.25 inc road tax which i thought was a good price

seen them going for that second hand.

4. altern8 Forum Junkie

blimey thats a good deal any pics what spec?

5. Brookster

Octavia 2.0 TDI CR vRS Estate
    The newly developed 2.0 TDI CR diesel engine couples the latest engine technology with improved economy. With 170bhp on tap and a 6 speed manual gearbox to make the most of the engines power .

The vRS trim offers a wealth of features including driving aids such as adjustable power steering, height adjustable seats and fully adjustable steering wheel through to convenience functions such as the electric front windows, electric heated and adjustable door mirrors tyre pressure monitor and Touch Screen Bolero CD multichanger. With climatic air conditioning and on board trip computers it's got all you want plus more. To round off the package there is a part leather interior featuring sports seats, a sports steering wheel, gearknob and gaitor to give the inside the Sporty feel it deserves

The outside of the vRS model features 19" NEPTUNE alloy wheels, front fog lights, factory fitted bodykit with new front and rear bumpers, sports exhaust and rear spoiler to make it a real head turner. Tinted windows remove the glare from the outside world whilst the indicators integrated into the door mirrors add that touch of classy design to the car and the remote central locking helps both security and convenience.

not the car but same spec and colour .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a Fabia Sport 1.4TDI 80 BHP Same colour and spec as Mrs's Car.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. micky1 Forum Member

nice...things are looking up at last!

don't forget your friendly pipework and mechanical contractor!;)

7. Brookster

Cheers

the new job is with a Big M&E Contractor and services company, and they are a national :thumbup:

8. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

I wouldn't have spunked 16k on a car 1 week into a job personally!!! but looks a nice motor and a great price :o :thumbup:

9. micky1 Forum Member

we get about a bit aswell, Brum and leicester on Tuesday quoting.

My mate had a saloon VRS tdi, we took it up to UD, lovely car

10. Brookster

contract terms of employment , the company are paying for it :thumbup:

11. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

the reason a lot of companies don't do company cars is the agro of an employee leaving or them wanting rid - and they have committed to a 3 yr car agreement. For the first 12 months of employment the rule are heavily in the companies favour, and then you (and me btw!!!) are left with car finance to pay!!! I only say, because it happened to me but thankfully I picked up a new job with even bigger allowance quite quickly :)

the fabia looks quite like a swift in that picture? are they similar in the flesh?

12. Brookster

Fabia is abit bigger i think they do look similar though.

13. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

two nice cars, seems like a very good price on the estate aswell! If any where close to 240bhp is available its going to be a rite weapon.

14. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

My brother had an Octy VRS 170. Was a good car, bags of torque.

15. Brookster

pick it up at 5pm tonight :thumbup: