Just had a Toad Ai606 fitted

Discussion in 'Security' started by Mk2_Ozz, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

And am really happy with it!! Has lots of features I didn't know about, like it locks after about 2 mins if all the doors are closed and no ones in it, just in case you forgot to lock it! Can recommend www.caralarmuk.com, did a really neat job and were nice and friendly, and come to your home to do it :thumbup:

My dubs nice n' safe now [:D]

2. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

Does it have the anti car-jacking thing on it as well?

Always handy to have. My bro has it on his Renault Kangoo van, and who the fuck's gonna try and jack that? :lol:

3. Jetta Forum Junkie

The only anti car-jacking feature on the Ai606 AFAIK is the abillity to lock the door 30 seconds after ignition is turned on, (my Ai606 does that but I usually turn it off).

You could add a a module such as Clifford Blackjaxx, My GTD has this as part of the alarm but I've turned off, as I can see it being a bit of a problem whist me mam is using it and I cant be ar$3d to keep turning it on and off whilst shes using the car.

4. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

The doors all lock as soon as the engine turns on, then unlock when you turn the engine off. It's quite cool really!! Might go read the manual (that sounds soo wrong!) just to check I'm not missing any other cool features!!

5. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

yup my missus 8v does that.....

be careful not to leave the car keys in the car with engine on and then shut the door.....could lock the keys in the car!

doh ;)

Good alarm. never had a false alarm yet on it..

6. Steve B Forum Junkie

not true funky if the doors open in any mk2 you cant lock the door (saftey feature to stop you locking your keys inside by pressing the thing down as you get out

and if you left the engine running with doors locked you would have to unlock it to get out lol

altho with the auto lock i bet its easy to lock em inside and if you got out the passanger side or somethign lol

7. Olly_K New Member

i wonder if you guys could help ?
    i've got a toad ai606, but it came fitted on the car when i got it. Does it have a valet mode like the clifford ones ?
    what else can you do with it do you know ?

8. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

Errr that's wrong. The alarm WILL lock the door. I tried it today [:D] Lucky I remembered to take the keys with me

9. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

It's just the drivers door which won't lock when its open.

As for what the toad can do, I'm not really sure, what's valet mode? I haven't read the instructions in the 3 months or so I've had it but could flick through for you to see what it can do!!!

10. Tom B New Member

Valet mode, click the keys round to ignition live or whatever its called, hold down the 2 large top buttons for 3 seconds, your indicators will flash 3 times (hear the relay ticking). Keys out.

To take it out of valet mode, simply replace the keys, turn to ignition live and it will chirp and flash 3 times telling you its back to business.

In valet mode the LED flashes orange slowly but don't quote me on that.

Definately a case of RTFM on flash alarms ;)

11. Mk2GolfBoy Forum Member

Ozz was fitting free?

12. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

For the 300 quid it was free yeh! You can get them much cheaper than that if you want to fit it yourself, its because you pay so much for fitting that it works out so expensive.

13. Mk2GolfBoy Forum Member

it's just I've seen a ai606 on ebay for 130 quid and I was wondering how much it would cost me to get it fitted? anyone got any ideas?

14. Steve B Forum Junkie

what is valet mode what does it do thats any different?

15. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

valet mode disables the alarm and imobiliser but still allows doors to un/lock.