k-Jet ECU/Igntion module

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Pauly.W, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Pauly.W New Member

Hi all.

Still new to the world of k-jet but just want to clear something up.

I have a mk2 16v KR which has been rebuilt by TSR performance (thinking its the cadwell engine kit) I suspect it has different cams from standard and has been rebored.

I have recently had to change the big ECU module as a transistor for the fuel pump had burned out in my old one. Question is, do I need to take the car back to a rolling road or have it set back up for the new module? I'd of thought that because the engine is in a different tune from standard then the ignition advance curve will be different from normal?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

2. Fray16v Forum Member

I think you need a mappable set up for that, K-star or something along those lines to have it set up on a rolling road.
    you can make small adjustments by rotating the distributor.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah the ecu isnt really mappable, so the new unit should be exactly the same as the old one. but make sure the writing on it is the same colour supposedly the green text one is slightly more aggressive map so 'they' say