K-jet turbo

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by jettagti, Jun 27, 2013.

1. jettagti Forum Member

Been thinkin about this for a while now. I've got a mk2 jetta with a kr running k-jet but was wondering how difficult it would be to turbo it. Manifolds and turbos are cheap enough from eBay and following research Audi,Porsche and Volvo bits are needed i.e metering headed for extra fuelling. Anyone done this before and have you's any info or diagrams with regards to plumbing it all in. Obviously forged internals would be on the cards once everything was set up. I have digifant management and loom from an abf, although the easier option it seems a bit too mainstream. Cheers

2. gaz.veedub New Member

hi mate im currently doing a kr turbo but the kjet is not gone lol, are you planing on losing the kjet and going to an injection setup? if so i believe you need g60 management over abf as you will need a map sensor,then you need a new fuel rail and bigger injectors as well as injector seats,plus all the other bit like head spacers manifolds ect,

3. gaz.veedub New Member

4. jettagti Forum Member

I was going to try and keep the k-jet and use Audi 5 cylinder parts for the extra fuelling. I know it's probably not the most effective or efficient route to take but wanted something a little different. Just need a little advice on parts/setup etc. Might end up going digi in the end if it becomes too much hassle.

5. trichter05 New Member

This Thread is a bit older, but whatever. HGP Turbo sold a Turbokit for the PL,KR,9A engines. They used a fifth injector in the inlet. If i remember correct, they said it has 250PS or 290. The Kit with 290PS was maybe for the ABF with Digifant. At the moment you cant see it anymore on their Hompepage. I think they used a standalone system for this injector, but i am not sure.

6. robertcoxengineering New Member

have a chat with kmi injection as the stock k-jet will not fuel a turbo without modification - safely

7. typ19woody Forum Member

Turbo technics done it with fifth injector and also stelth done it with an extra 4 injectors so a total of 8 injectors thay were big bhp though if I remember

I'm sure there's some info on here about em or google it

8. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Stealth used k-star and 4 extra injectors I think?.

First think I did when going over to a supercharger was ditch the k-jet, the metering head flap must be very restrictive?.

I never got on with Digi1, saying that it was using the BBM chip..

Megasquirt with some 450cc injectors did the trick for me ;).

9. robertcoxengineering New Member

yes but you can modify the metering head to get a further 20-30 % fuel thus negating the aweful delivery from the 5th inj which feeds 3 n 4 more than one and two, no need for expensive extra injectors etc,

10. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I would have thought you could use a metering head from a turbocharged 4 cylinder vehicle, like a Volvo. Unless of course you can elaborate on the modifications.
    Unfortunately with turbocharging a NASP Kjet car, you really need to match the ignition with the faster burn rate, even if you were to achieved desired enrichment from the mechanical fuel system.
    It is for this reason an SEM is advised but better control of both fuel and spark.

11. robertcoxengineering New Member

Yes you can use the Porsche 944 unit i think it is but there rocking horse, the mods are not diy job really needs to be done by expert as resealing the metering head is an art performed at very low temps, the main issue with the metering mod is it costs about the same as a micro sqt,

12. Toyotec

A metering head modifications only affect certain fuel mixture condition, where as a Microsquirt, Megasquirt, DTA, Emerald etc are full engine control SEMs.

So if metering head/WUR mods, cost the same as a fuel engine controller, then it is a no brainer :thumbup:

13. typ19woody Forum Member

I binned the k-jet and went motec ecu as advised by an old tsr tech it was so much better in the end
    Only bad thing was they couldn't figure out the wiring so it took months to get back.
    in the end it went to dyalinx for most of the work.(he is a legend)

14. g60gerry Paid Member Paid Member

Oh good another 8v turbo to evolve ... looks like i wont be alone after all ...

15. Toyotec

When will it be ready for validation and testing G?
    I do know it runs or are you making updates for this year?