Kenwood CD Changer

Discussion in 'ICE' started by rivage92, Nov 20, 2003.

1. rivage92

rivage92 Forum Member

Does anyone know whether it's possible to connect a multi cd changer to the Kenwood KDC- 5080R I've got installed in my '92 Rivage? Or where I could find out? There's a KDC 210 on EBay.

Also, any suggestions on where to fit a changer (if I find one) in a cabrio? and how?

Cheers :clap:

2. Wombar Forum Member

I'm not 100% here, but if you look on your head unit for things like CD + or CD -, something that indicates changing the current CD then your HU should support it.

On my pioneer, there's a little bit of writing saying "CH/DISC", that's the sort of thing you should be looking for.

If all else fails you could look at the back of the HU for a round socket that takes the autochanger cable but unless you've got the HU out of the car I wouldn't bother. Have a look at the Kenwood site, they might have some info on there as well.

With regards to fitting questions, you could try the back of the seats in the boot, the glovebox or under a seat(although being a Cabrio maybe not). In my old car I just screwed a bit of MDF to the back of the seats in the boot and then screwed the changer to this. In my new car, I've just velcroed it into the glovebox.

Hope this helps.
    Edited by: Wombar