kjet wire tuck

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by ShivasRegal, May 30, 2014.

1. Been doing some homework....one of the red/black wires has a block/spade connector...would I correct in saying that this controls the ISV?

Would the other red/black wire which mates into a another harness provide the pulse for the analog tachometer?

Please advise

Cheers guys

Just trying to tidy up my engine bay and make everything a bit more accessible. Going to locate coil where coolant was and have top fill rad.

Disconnected wires from coil and there seems to be 2 red/black wires on -ve side of coil on separate harnesses. What are these and cant they just be connected into one spade so that the harness can be separated?

Cheers guys

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if this is a 16v, yes you have 2 red/black wires into 1 spade on the coil -ve, one feeds the rev counter and the other one is for the isv control unit. its on a spade so you can disconnect it for settign up the base idle. you could take this wire out and instead put the spade block behind the fusebox to help neaten things up, just slightly more of a hassle to disconnect ;)

the other wire to the coil -ve is from the tci unit and is what fires the coil, you could remove the double spade plug if you prefer

3. k jet wire tuck

This is a 16v CE1

The Tci unit is whats behind the console right?

Would it not be possible to splice the tci red/black into the rev red/black behind the dash in effect leaving only one spade connection on the coil, or will this mess with the pulse and give wrong readings on the tachometer?

Basically one red/black goes off into one loom and the other red/black into another harness. I'm having trouble isolating each of these looms in their own right so I can jig the wiring around and make it neater.

I suppose I could remove the red/black from the tci loom and incorporate the wire into rev counter harness.

Hope all this makes sense

Cheers

Shiv

4. sorted....thanks rubjonny

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the isv spade can be anywhere on the main red/black from the coil, inside the car is fine :)

you can even splice the ecu green wire into the red/black inside the loom if you like, it doesnt have to go to the coil -ve spade direct at all. I do this on all my ABF looms now the only point of havign 2 spades to the coil was so the ecu loom can split from the main bay loom. Since this is no longer possible on the ABF loom I splice them together into 1 spade, same goes for the 2 ignition live spades :thumbup: