Kompressor replacement for G60???

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by prxone, Nov 23, 2003.

1. prxone New Member

Putting the results of the forced induction poll aside for a moment....

I own a rallye and am investigating as to whether a Kompressor unit from a Merc. would be better than servicing my old supercharger?

Any idea's???

2. Rahul Forum Junkie

well, if you look at it this way....

if it was worthwhile then i suppose more people would be going down that route...

3. prof Forum Addict

quite a few have done it have a look in the g60 forums on vortex

4. trendy tramp Forum Member

it's not that it's not worthwhile, it's just more hassle and the gains won't be great over a G60, just more reliable in the long term. you'll need to do some head scratching on which ones are suitable as well. i know, but i'm not telling ;)

tt

5. Jon TDI Forum Member

I believe the Merc Kompressor is an Eaton Roots type charger. It's more reliable than a G-Lader & produces about the same power in standard form. Not sure on the costs involved to do this type of conversion. I think a couple of lads have done this conversion in the US.

www.bahnbrenner.com have a Screw compressor conversion which I think is called the Lysholm. More power but very noisy from what I remember. Costs $2,500 but add on shipping & import tax & it may become pricy.

Jabbasport used to have the Rotrex replacement charger, but there wasn't much demand.

6. Rahul Forum Junkie

ahh fair enough!

7. Enigmatik33 Forum Member

trendy tramp wouldn't you be better using ones from the 4 cylinder models, like slk and c class?

8. trendy tramp Forum Member

check out eaton's website to give you a better idea - you'll need to do a few sums as well [xx(]

tt

9. prxone New Member

I'm not sure what Mercedes its from, I'm gonna have to find that out. But with respect to how to fit it on, I know a mechanic who has a bracket, might get him to donate it to me!!

But so far so good, thanks for the response.
    At the mo it sort of seems half and half.... if you find out any more please keep it coming in.

10. prof Forum Addict