KR/6A Oil Sender - a picture question

Discussion in '16-valve' started by mr.brown, May 10, 2005.

1. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

OK so below is the KR oil filter housing and I assume that of the two senders the lower one is oil temp and the upper one oil pressure?

[​IMG]

Next pic is the 6A housing which has three senders. The one in the middle is the twin-pole VDO Oil Pressure sender. Any ideas about the other two ( I broke the lower one [:$] ) ?

[​IMG]
    Edited by: mr.brown

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

The broken one looks like an oil temp sender as used in a KR cylinder head.

Both the brown and white/yellow senders are for oil pressure warning.
    Edited by: GVK

3. Oplaii Forum Member

The top picture, they are both pressure senders as the oil temp comes from the back of the head on a 16v.

Other pic, the white sender is as pressure sender and the other one that you broke I'm not sure about.

4. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers guys. I'm going to take a look at ETKA once I figure out what car my engine is from!

5. GTI

GTI Forum Member

the white one is the same in both pics (1.8 bar oil pressure switch). you should keep this and connect it to the blue wire on your mk1.

the black one in the top pic is a low pressure (0.8bar) switch. you don't need this (bear with me ...)

the broken sender is oil temp. replace this for fitting vdo's. i think i have a spare if they end up expensive. let me know.

the twin pole is a low pressure (0.8bar) switch on one pole and a variable oil pressure sender (for running a guage) on the other. keep this. you can use the switch pole to replace the black sender in the top pic, i.e plug the yellow wire into it. is obvious which pole is which when you plug a multimeter into it.

fitting vdo's is then just a case of wiring up the temp sender

iirc the temp sender is different to those in the head. i thought the ones in the head were water temp senders rather than oil temps?
    Edited by: GTI

6. GTI

GTI Forum Member