Laserline 291 problems

Discussion in 'Security' started by thetommo, May 19, 2010.

1. thetommo New Member

Can anyone help please? It's doing my head in.

I got a laserline 291 on a mk3 golf - it was already on the car when I bought it 8 months ago and I've had no issues until the other day.

I got home from work and locked the car with the remote as usual. Next day when I was going to work I had to press the remote 3 or 4 times before the car unlocked which made me think it was the remote battery.

Anyway, long story short - both remotes have stopped working and I'm having to use the override fob on the dash to turn the immobiliser off which is annoying.

The LEDs on both remotes are working and the fact that neither of them unlock the car makes me think that its not the batteries.

Is there an aerial or something for picking up the remote signal which could have come loose? Is this something I can fix myself or will I have to take it somewhere?

Cheers for any help :thumbup:

2. oldskooldub Forum Member

They had problems in all 200 series alarms with the reciever unit going down, however it should be covered by warranty Contact laserline and explain your problem they are great to deal with. I am a laserline dealer and I am reluctant to use any other product because there service is that good. There conntact details are on there website www.laserlinedirect.com Let us know how you get on.

3. thetommo New Member

Cheers man will do!