lecky windows

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by glenn76, May 14, 2010.

1. glenn76 New Member

how easy is it to install electric windows into a 1990 g plate 3dr gti , could you use a modern kit from ebay or summit? and use original switches havnt a clue really is it a massive job , are there any fellow dubbers in the wiltshire area that could do it for me want it to look original as possible. havnt actually got the the car yet if all goes well tomorrow will be back in a mk2 after 11years away any help pointers appreciated

2. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

hey yess you can use the uni ones seen on ebay as my dad put then in my mums mk2 facelift polo and they work fine.
    but if u can get a set of vag ones ur be better off as i did i managed to get the front lifters and wirin with the centre console and switch from a mk2 GL from the scrap yard for 40 but i was lucky lol ass they do go for bucks on ebay.

pluse i preffer to have the vag ones but the uni ones are good if you cant get a vag kit for cheap.

and it anit hard to wire the vag ones in aslong as u get the loom with them. and also make the car look original.[:D]

3. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Mine's got what looks like an aftermarket kit, works fine, uses OEM switches with a different set of pins on the back of them. Wiring is a piece of cake, just need to get the console in seeing as I've got a switch panel in head unit slot at the moment.

4. glenn76 New Member

if i bought a complete kit found a few vw kits, is there anybody in the wiltshire area that could fit it or know somebody who could, would rather pay a fellow enthusiast than a garage who arnt really interested