loading youtube videos and others

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by mk216vrick, Dec 1, 2011.

1. mk216vrick Forum Member

i have recently purchased my first ever laptop, a fujitsu AH531, 500GB, 4096 RAM (this means not much to me! im hopeless!!)
    it has Sophos security, windows 7, and i have just copied over 80GB off my seperate storage harddrive.

i had an old tower with around 2 gig ram and 80 gig harddrive which would run a slow.

so my problem with the laptop, when i try to watch a video on youtube, it buffers for about 3 minutes then will play around the first 30 seconds and then freeze for around 2 - 3 minutes again, my old tower would play the youtube clip quite quickly.

can anybody help me out with this, is it the new windows 7 software that is the problem or something else? drives me potty.

do i need to install some software to speed it up?

im very unimpressed with this new laptop at the minute and at the price i was hoping to be fantastic!

if i return the laptop to the shop i purchased it new from, who is responisble for swopping my security and the office software onto a new laptop, thats if they will exchange it.

thanks

Rick

2. andypaterson Forum Member

Is it just youtube that struggles?

Make sure the flash player is up to date, download it free from adobe.com. Other than that, make sure the graphics drivers are up to date, chances are this can be done by either Windows Update, or by visiting the laptop manufacturer. Looking at the spec breifly, it looks like it has onboard graphics but a Core i3 shouldbe more than enough for the likes of youtube!

3. mk216vrick Forum Member

thanks Andy, i will try the flashplayer update and see how it is.

4. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Agree, i3 should be fine for youtube.
    My guess is its using an old graphics driver