LongLife Zausts Cardiff

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by altern8, Jan 2, 2004.

1. altern8 Forum Junkie

Got my zaust from longlife in cardiff the other day they fitted me in that day and they made the system exactly how i wanted it and it sounds great too if not a little louder then i expected.

Straight through system with one back box and the tail pipe of my choice its loud but nice ;)

2. southwest_16v Forum Member

sounds cool how much? and was the full system from the downpipe? will it pass the mot?

3. vdubgirl Forum Member

There brill we were using the branch near gloucester for are hillclimbers :)

4. altern8 Forum Junkie

the full system was 300 should pass the mot dont think it matters how loud it is but it sounds lovley ;)

5. fthaimike Forum Addict

I broke 2 rubbers on mine & they replaced them no probs:clap:

[​IMG]

6. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

That's a good price - I was quoted about 400 for my system, complete, inc new manifold supplied by me..

7. VdubNash Forum Member

How much do you think they'll want to supply & fit just a stainless backbox?

Thinking of getting one from the Croydon branch this week before my mot retest.

8. S1MMA Forum Member

my full system was 350, but they gave me some cash back as I had probs with it after a few months (it was too loud and knocking). The london/croydon branch changed workers (the old lot got sacked) and the new guys built me a new system which is virtually silent and has been good as gold for over 7 months now.

9. DaySpring Forum Member

Mines been on the car for 2 years now, fitted in the Croyden Branch. Only had a minor problem, the rubbers broke under the car causing it to drop slightly then I went over a speed bump and broke a mounting weld. Rang the company and had the car booked in the next weekend. The guys replaced all the rubbers and welded in a new mounting hanger (doubled up the brackets) no issues with the warranty and the system is perfect fits like a glove and no knocking even on a lowered (30mm) MKII with Eibach AR|BS and 3 fat friends in the back!!

10. VdubNash Forum Member

Exhaust was done on Wednesday - chose midsport sound and a 3" straightcut tailpipe.

Exhaust seems nicely made but one day on and my left ear is starting to ache a bit [8(] Its the boomy-droning thats doing my ear in!!! When opened up it sounds nice though.

Do exhausts get louder or quieter as they get older; or stay the same??

Probably not a lot I can do about it is there? Parcel shelf has gone back on and has helped a little bit. Dunno if I can take much more though :(

Any ideas?

11. S1MMA Forum Member

that also happened to me vdubnash, when i picked the car up it was mega loud and was doing my head in. It does get slightly quieter as carbon deposits settle inside the system, but not much quieter. I'd say maybe a 15% decrease.

The only way I fixed it was by having a complete new system made up. I unfortunately got some cowboys when I first had my system made (they made it too loud, and it was an aweful fit, knocked a lot), whom promptly got sacked shortly afterwards. Then it was rebuilt by the new manager of the carshalton branch, with some custom made silencer boxes which I specified in writing. If you did a search on here, you'd probably find a thread where I explained to order custom silencers, as the ones they have on the shelfs are bulk made and have the same amount of wadding inside.

If I was you, i'd deal with it for a month or so, then write a letter to head office stating its too loud and not what u expected. Say you want the silencers custom made with extra wadding and see what they say. If you asked for a medsport sound they may charge you, which I would think is fair. I asked for a silent system when I first ordered it, and it now is completely silent, bout 10% louder than standard. I'm happy.

12. S1MMA Forum Member

oh, you could sound deaden the boot floor, that'll shut it up a bit more.

13. southwest_16v Forum Member

so all in all despite a few minor hiccups they seem to be all good at what they do?

14. S1MMA Forum Member

yeah, the materials they use are top notch, 304 grade stainless is good stuff, but then as its been said before, any custom exhaust system is only as good as the fitter who builds it. If he's a dumbass then it'll be sh1t. Make sure the guy who builds your system isnt a newby, ask for an experienced fitter to do it when you first order the system. I say - if you're going to get a custom zaust, then get all the boxes custom made (actually specify this) and if you're not happy with an 18yr old building it then ask for someone with at least 1 years experience (1 years exp at longlife). Should see you with good results (I did/had the opposite at first and it was crap, when I got the custom boxes/experienced fitter everything was great).

15. VdubNash Forum Member

Thanks for your help S1mma.
    Any sound deadening you'd recommend?

16. S1MMA Forum Member

yeah, flashing tape down B&Q. It's a b1tchumin roll they use for roofing. Bout 10 metres long, and costs about 25. With 1 roll I managed to do my entire floor of my car, boot/under rear seats/floor of rear seats/floor of front seats/centre tunnel/boot door also. I actually completely covered the boot floor with it, which has improved the quality/volume of bass that I hear up front from my sub. It's also reduced road noise. When i used to take my parcel shelf out the road noise from the boot area of my car was VERY loud, now it doesnt make much difference if its on or off.
    Edited by: S1MMA

17. VdubNash Forum Member

Cool, I'll check it out next time I'm in town.

Thanks again.

18. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Anyone had an exhaust fitted recently at the Cardiff branch? Sorry to drag up an old thread but thinking about paying them a visit

19. altern8 Forum Junkie

They have moved to Caerphilly now, one of the lads in work had one fitted to his Clio and seemed happy with it

20. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Contact the main office first, and you can take advantage of the Club discount. ;)

They will then book you in at your local branch.