Lovely mk2 on ebay

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by turnipmuncher, Apr 13, 2010.

1. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

that is nice, I have gone off the cl look with bbs wheels though. Amazing engine instal in that!!

2. The db

The db Forum Junkie

^^ Completely agree. I think BBS RM only suit big bumpered mk2's. Small bumpers need something a bit more retro.

3. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Back lights kill it, otherwise spot on [8D]

4. Admin Guest

Can I be the first to say.....yuk!

Lowered, de-wipered at rear, smoothed ....<yawn> Sorry I have no taste I know :lol:

5. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

I like the CL sleeper look. Was looking at this one the other day.
    9000 is a lot of money though...

Totally agree. could do with 16v smoke's tbh :thumbup:

6. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Sorry if this sound naff, but I don't like it at all. I wonder where he got the "new" bumpers from, when mine was restored 18 months ago they were discontinued and no dealer in the country had any unless someone I don't know about has squirrelled a cache of them.

7. emery1990 Forum Member

I couldnt see how someone would buy it for 9000 though.

8. faithless

faithless CGTI Regional Host

another car from the PSI tuning stables, is a very nice engine bay, a lot of work went
    into the car and the bay, the interior was done by snappy gaitor and he is a good lad
    but 9k seems alot of money to me, as mine owns me less than this

9. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Please don't shoot me for saying this but obviously someone has done a lot to this car as a labour of love. What I would say is OK, a lot of money and time has have been spent on it to that person's liking but unless someone comes along willing to buy and accept all the modifications and not want to change things that's fine. If not, they will rip out what they don't want and personalise it to their choice so is it worth spending all that on it rather than buy a lesser car and do whatever? Sorry, female view of things but quite a lot of people seem to like to change things on their cars regularly.

10. Women - the power of sensible reasoning & wisdom.... and why I own a mk2 gti and not a 1967 Merc 230s.

[​IMG]

11. V6 Otto Forum Member

It looks ok to me, a bit "done to death" look prehaps, although it probably has lots of hidden details and neat touches if you really look

cant ever see a mk2 being worth 9k unless its a mint Rallye or a Limited in need of some work

i partially agree with susanah on what someone elses idea of styles differs greatly from anothers, and that is why heavily modded cars are hard to sell

a set of rims, a nice suspension kit, an exhaust, a chip, a cam, a set of OE Recaros, its all enhancements to me, just modding for moddings sake is lame imo