Low milage mk2 on Ebay

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Gaz37, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

2. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

3. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

I saw that for sale on Edition. Lovely motor, shame I don't have 5 grand really.

4. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Looks a really nice car, amazing what the bidding is up to.

5. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Nice example - shame about the engine! Hehehe

6. Looks great. Not that it matters all that much but those seats arent the originals are they? Those are earlier spec, id have thought an H plate would have had rainbow interior?

Also looks paint looks a little faded but could just be the pics?

Cheers

D

7. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

You could get the tartan in 90 spec aswell.

8. smp1987 Forum Member

not worth the money iv watched it on piston heads for about 3weeks well over priced i would say 3K tops for it

9. logieuk Forum Member

Great car in great nick, but its still a 20 year old car! I hate to sell something like this on ebay, prob full of knob ends messing the owner around.

Hope it goes to a good home though!

10. nealey Forum Junkie

It would be a great thing to own but i would be scared to drive it anywhere which would take the fun out of it for me

11. pouvignon New Member

think it went for 4500 in the end, have to say (puts tin hat on) that if i had a garage and an understanding bank manager i would have been tempted!!

12. AndyG

AndyG Forum Member

13. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Either a time waster or unmet reserve.

Personally I think it's ALMOST worth that for it's condition. It's almost a new car, it's in better nick than alot of new cars I see on the road and it probably drives better than some aswell. It's the condition I'm aiming for in the new car anyway.

I doubt it'll sell for it's true value, having said that, if it had a 16v I bet it would of sold alot faster...

14. Scutler Forum Member

have to disagree, when you think that tidy 100k plus mk2`s fetch 2k plus this is a very good investment.. mk2`s are becoing harder to find in good condition so this is as close to factory as it gets..

15. Willber Forum Member

I've only ever seen one other car like this. Funnily enough it was a red 8v aswell but a J reg and with Rainbow trim. It was in amazing condition, not a single blemish or sign of dirt or grime anywhere. Absolute timewarp condition, I think it's a fair price to be honest. Even my H reg with 160k on feels fresh when I jump in and drive it!

16. t'mill Forum Member

The trouble with that particular Mk2 as said in this thread, you'd be scared driving it for fear of racking the miles up and losing some value. It would be more suited as a second 'weekend' car but who has the brass these days to do that?

Is it worth 4300? Either way, you have top admit prices of good Mk2's have certainly risen in the last 18 months.

17. midzer New Member

I got an 88 16v about 4 years ago it had done 31k and cost 4.5k had been stored for 12years ,its now upto 88k people said i should have stored it but my thinking was i basically got a new car for cheap.
    Couldn't afford a 4500 ornament and i love driving the car:)

18. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

It's back on there. Seems the "winner" turned out to be a bit of a loser.

19. kipvr Forum Member

I bought my silver H plate for 3k, 57k miles on it 1 owner, i thought that was quite a lot, but maybe it was a bargain!

20. Jay 16V Forum Member

If i had the money i would love it.

16v with that milage would be alot more desirable though.