Lupo Gti or Tdi?

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Ditchyboy, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Ditchyboy Forum Member

What is the opinion of the lupo gti on here as i think the look great and would be fun to have a na gti again but i would quite like the mpg and cheap tax of a tdi. I want to spend around 2500 and much prefer the gtis exterior, interior and performance but sometimes have to drive quite far to work so tdi would win on that. I just dont want to be too sensible and old as i want some more fun driving before i have a family and have to get bigger, safer and more economical cars.

so gti or tdi and why.

thanks

2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Gti. Completely different shell. Still only a 1.6 so still returns good economy and still a quick little car. A rare car too. Mines been very reliable if a bit small now.

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

It's really a question of how important the economy and cost is to you. TDI with a remap would be a nippy little car, but still 35 a year tax and 70+mpg

I like Lupos... fancy building one with a souped up ABF at some point.

4. Ditchyboy Forum Member

i really like the idea of the tdi sport for 70mpg and 30 a yr tax, i have also heard like you say Mike that with a remao they are decently quick with some nice torque which could be fun.
    Its just the GTi is pretty rare like you point out tshirt and just looks a different beast. The rer arches and bumper are a lot sportier and nicer.
    I think it will be a tough call and will be close but at the minute the tdi is probably slightly ahead due to my budget. I will probably only get a high mile gti whereas tdi's seem to be slightly better value for money.

5. murph81 Forum Member

GTI all the way, they are an awesome little car.

Closest VW have got to a Mk1 in years.

6. murph81 Forum Member

GTI all the way, they are an awesome little car.

Closest VW have got to a Mk1 in years.

7. Ditchyboy Forum Member

right think it will be a tdi sport but i was wondering what you good people think of high mileage. Do you think 110,000 on a 52 is better or worse than 110,000 on an 05 for example. I know its the same mileage but didnt know if its better to have been done over a longer period meaning lower year on year on better on a newer one as the parts have done the same miles but arent as old if that makes sense?! [:s]
    If it has full vw service history and looks like its been really looked after are they pretty good? Surely its better than a rough looking one with 85,000 with little history?

cheers and i look forward to opinions