Lupo Straightliner. PPC Mag Feature Preview :)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by sambo, Dec 14, 2012.

1. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers Lads :)

And i don't mind videos, in fact THANKS :)

2. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Maybe :)

Unless someone offers me 9K [:D]

I could do my next project then, 924 with Audi 5 pot 20v engine driving rear wheels!

Oh yea and a big turbo capable of 1000 Bhp !

3. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

4. edmy New Member

5. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

[​IMG]

rambow and vw_singh like this.
  6. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Like wow[eek][!][8D]you got to [l][l][l][l] sambos monster even if it's a lupo hey Eddie lol

sambo likes this.
  7. vr6smith Forum Member

sambo likes this.
  8. Prawn Forum Member

Christ, that's some power there Sam!

headline figures aside, if I'm reading this correctly, does this mean that the 10.9s 127mph 1/4 was run with 'only' 415 bhp? and you've just added ANOTHER 180bhp to that?

What on earth will it be capable of now :S And with Gas :S

sambo likes this.
  9. 51ngh Forum Member

OH LAWD! lol

10. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Well that figure of 415bhp is on a proper heat soaked engine after driving it there in slow traffic then having it parked up for a while plus it was fairly warm outside

Heat soak affects power output quite badly due to Ecu knocking boost down in line with high intake temps and am sure if we cooled the engine a bit and allowed I/C to cool fully it would have made close to 500 bhp

But final figure of 593 bhp or race fuel was not the end of it, Anthony said there was plenty left in it if i wanted as it was only running 1.75 Bar of boost !!

I said no thanks, Engine block has no girdle and it must be well on the limit with 600 bhp, one way to find out tho :)

Am hoping for low 10.xx sec pass next time out

Also just seen an email from James Winstanley from Practical Performance Car saying they would like to feature the Lupo towards end of the month so it may appear in November/December issue

G28OPN likes this.
  11. "Only 1.75 BAR"... What's the turbo rated to? Maybe its time to fit a girdle to the old girl. A block girdle, not the odd Victorian type underwear things...

12. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Yea block girdle would be good

Turbo is good for 2 bar all day long

13. So 600bhp at 1.75... 685bhp @ 2.0 bar. Mental mental mental

14. AjVR Forum Member

What stress does a block girdle aleviate? Are there any larger frame turbos you can bolt on ? Great progress.

15. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

I have a Gerrett GT3582R but i will wait untill my 2.0l stroker 20v engine is built up before that one goes on

Girdle helps to stop block twisting keeping the crank bearings line straight under high load conditions

16. Prawn Forum Member

What's the current Turbo then Sam? Not GT35?

17. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Nah GT3076R on my own hand made tubular manifold and high flow wastegate set up . GT35 going on next year along with 2.0L stroker

18. G28OPN Forum Member

Sounds like your keeping it for now then? Not sure I could let it go. A true one off. Well done and congrats on getting it featured in the PPC mag :clap:

sambo likes this.
  19. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Went along to ADE tuning rolling road day today

Lupos first run today surprised Anthony more then my self!

Went lean up top for some reason, probably due to nice cold dense air so we added more fuel up top and reduced power down a bit ut nice and safe now :)

[​IMG]

20. micky1 Forum Member

what the engine spec then sam.

gt30 turbo and handmade manifold.

any cams? what about valve train???

awesome results!