Lupo TDI not boosting (now fixed)

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by PhatVR6, Sep 18, 2007.

1. prof Forum Addict

variable nozzle

2. cocobay63 Forum Member

i have exactly the same problem i thought it was fine but then again this evening it happened again first time in weeks ! but switched off and on again and was fine ! please help ? suppose to take it to Holland in a couple weeks,

3. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

it's annoying me now, i just don't get time to work on the car on a night, and it's too sodding dark nowadays anyway.

anyway, from what i can deduce the N75 has 3 connections. one off the compressor housing, one off the actuator, and one into the breather hose into the intake.

I need to know which one is meant to be where. just had a mate look on his Lupo TDI and he said the one fro mthe actuator goes into the top of the valve. i've had a quick feel on mine on and the one in the top of the valve goes into the intake hose!

can anyone else confirm which one goes where or point me in the direction of a diagram?

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Here's a diag I found when fixing the swining thing on my car - N75 is at the top:

[​IMG]

5. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

would help if the valve did actually look like that, but it doesn't!

useful for showing how it works.

6. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

got it

[​IMG]

7. G-Man Forum Junkie

Cracking diagram! Explains a question I had last month about what the pipe does from the air box - from the diagram its simply a feed for the N18 valve!

I read on clublupo that you have 134k on it already :lol:

Mine's on 46k [:$]

But mine's pulling like a train at the moment. Got a boost gauge on mine too and have a video somewhere me doing a bad 0-60mph but shows you the boost gauge fluctuations.

8. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Fixed it today :-)

The N75 valve was plumbed in wrong. The receipt i have saying it's been replaced is a lie. it hasn't been touched, it's still got the dabs of paint on the very original looking hose clips.

basically, the hose that's meant to come off the compressor housing and supply the valve with boost was connected to the breather hose instead (where it's meant to purge the boost to)

i swapped them over and went for a run out. boosts straight to 1700mbar, and hit a peak of around 2300 (1.3 bar), and pull very well indeed for such a small engine. no soot now either, and no error codes. I've only been down the road twice but it didn't drop into limp mode at all.

9. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Simple fix after all then Paul.

Man made faults are the hardest to find.

10. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

yeah, but it wasn't time wasted taking the turbo off, worth replacing the hoses and clips, and if i hadn't taken it off i wouldn't have known the hoses had been disturbed.

proper test will be on monday

just gotta convince the missus to let me keep it now instead of her. got a guy interested in my mk4 and i might be taking a 1.4 16v lupo sport in part ex.

11. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

i suppose there's the sobering thought that the turbo has had a fairly easy life in the last year at least as it hasn't really been doing much :-) but buy god is it working now, i reckon it's quicker than a mk2 golf gti!

12. altern8 Forum Junkie

nice easy fix in the end derv is the way forward

13. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

PhatVR6 = SkinnyTDi

14. G-Man Forum Junkie

Out of interest, with the N75 does yours constantly click when your engine is idling?

Just drained the fuel filter today and noticed as i was letting the engine turn over the N75 clicks when the engine is at idle?

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

glad you got it done. i bet there are plenty out there in this state, the vac system is pretty complex imo.

glad you got it back to life [:D]

16. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

yeah, i did notice it was clicking at idle.

17. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Super job. N75 = daft leccy gadgets!

:lol:

18. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

bloody thing bust a diesel pipe today. god knows when it went, but i noticed a bit of a whiff of it and then the fuel guage seemed to be moving rather a lot.

i got him and went to have a look, only to see diesel literally pouring off the gearbox! i looked up the road only to see a line of it right up the street. i'm shuddering at the thoght of how much I've spilled out on the road...

19. altern8 Forum Junkie

the maximum ccan only be 25 in that tank [:p]

20. vrbanana Forum Junkie

One of the people bikers hate most