making a fish eye lens for a compact

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by mk216vrick, Jan 24, 2011.

1. mk216vrick Forum Member

2. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

It ain't gonna work on my D200 dude.

Besides, you can get one off ebay.co.uk for around 20 that just attaches to your camera, no f***ing about either lol

3. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

You can't beat a proper fish eye lens....

4. 1550samn Forum Member

nope, sigma's range are fantastic!!!! :thumbup:

5. stella

stella Forum Junkie

.... though why anyone would want one in the first place begs the question .... :lol:

6. mk216vrick Forum Member

it was just something i hadnt come across before, no good for me either with my DSLR (which i a enjoying figuring out what all the functions do)

im looking into them attachments at the moment.

are fisheyes worth it? i think once ive used it a couple of times i wouldnt use it much afterwards.

people thoughts please.

7. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

I personally like them dude, although I do not own one, as of yet. I do have one on my wish list but it'll be some time before I buy it as I have other lens priorities.

You can capture some great art with these type lenses and I have seen some great stuff like high rise buildings, the kind of sky scraper effect you'd see from America.

There's all sorts of stuff you can do with them, it's what you see that captures your imagination and what you may think, is a good picture!.

Figuring out your DSLR is, IMO, an ongoing affair, there is far too much to learn in a life time lol Great fun though!!

8. mk216vrick Forum Member

cheers Dooby, ill get the cheap attachment you posted and keep reading/playing with the camera.

9. 1550samn Forum Member

they are to commonly used as "scene" portrait lenses wich makes them not so cool. however like Dooby says they can be used in very few cases for nice arty-farty type images....

imo, the lens adaptions arnt that great alot of distortion that ruins the image, so you cant beat a real thing.
    if you want some realy cool images buy a tilt-shift lens, similar price and not every mug uses one as they are harder to use effectivly....