Megasquirt and turbos ?

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Collie, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Collie Forum Junkie

Can megasquirt run turbo engines thanks Collie

2. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Yes. The standard map sensor is a 2.5 bar rated one, so good for up to about 21psi of boost. There is also support in MS'n'S-Extra for a 3 bar map sensor.

mk1turbo16v on here has a 16vt on Megasquirt, and if you look over on the Vortex OttawaG60 (I think) runs a 'squirted 16vG60. Have a look over at msefi.com in the success stories for lots more.
    Edited by: martyn_16v

3. Collie Forum Junkie

did it cost you a lot for your system, , with the exclusion of rolling road sessions, and have you noticed any improvements in performance
    Thanks collie

4. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

It's cost me less than 500 so far, and that includes a wideband O2 controller (~130, not really necessary, but definitely recommended for a turbo application). All i've got left to sort out is a 36-1 trigger wheel and either coil pack or ignition leads for the EDIS system i've got.

I haven't had any rolling road time yet, the car died (of MS-unrelated causes ;) ) before I got that far. It was running quite nicely when it expired, I had just started venturing into the full throttle areas of the map :)

5. Collie Forum Junkie

i see emerald are offering ecus for 350 in the new practical performance car mag could that work ouyt cheaper in the long run, especialy oin the rolling road as they are well known and wiodely used
    Thanks Collie

6. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Is that the ignition only ECU or the full lot, that's a really good deal if it's the full system. I'll have to dig out the mag and have another look.

I'd love to get mine mapped by Dave Walker, but on the emerald website it says they're only taking on mapping for emerald stuff at the mo [:^(] I'm still tempted to give them a ring and beg once I get this engine into the new car.