Metal Coolant Pipe Rubber Oring - 1.8T

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Richard Mk2, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Guys, quick question.

I have a NOS metal coolant pipe for my AUM 1.8T engine that I’m currently rebuilding.

Went to fit it to the block today, and noticed that the rubber seal is missing from the thermostat end.

Does anyone know what the part number is for this ? I’m hoping I can still but this separate ?

I’ve done some digging around, but I seem to getting a mixed response, as part numbers seem to vary on various forums.

PFA.

Cheers.

upload_2023-12-10_15-49-44.jpeg

2. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

Is there one at the other end you can measure and then just order one or two the same from somewhere like bearing boys, that’s what I did for the coolant pipe on the VR6.

Richard Mk2 likes this.
  3. davidut5 Forum Member

oring seems to be 20x3 N90365302( superseded by WHT006407), and the pipe 06A121065AK.

Richard Mk2 likes this.
  4. Richard Mk2

Phil, only one seal on these, as the other end fits into onto the heater matrix pipes. I was thinking to measure the old perished one from my spare corroded coolant pipe, but I just wanted to see if I could search a part number and get one off the shelf ( just to make things easier ;) ).

David, that’s perfect, and thanks for confirming that part number. It was one of 3 I had written down, so will go with this one :thumbup:

5. Richard Mk2

Phil, only one seal on these, as the other end fits into onto the heater matrix pipes. I was thinking to measure the old perished one from my spare corroded coolant pipe, but I just wanted to see if I could search a part number and get one off the shelf ( just to make things easier ;) ).

David, that’s perfect, and thanks for confirming that part number. It was one of 3 I had written down, so will go with this one :thumbup: