mk 2 gti 16v turbo technics

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by nick666, Jan 12, 2004.

1. nick666 New Member

hello everyone, i'm new and i need some advice. i'm the first to admitt that i no f**k all about VW's, so that why i've come to you "experts"!!!

does anyone no about the above vehicle?? i've seen it for sale and i've yaken quite a shine to it. however i really don't want to buy it and drive it away only for the head to crack or something!!!!

basically here are a few details....
    110k miles, leather interior, new replacement turbo, g60 arches, vr6 discs, alloys, lowered etc etc.
    could possibly get it for 3500-3750

over the top or bargain?? are these prone to getting thrashed, as i would have thought fitting a turbo to the 16V golf gti would really over strain it, as the 16V already gives it a higher rev, so combine that with a turbo and you're bound to have problems aren't you???

any ideas??? would you guys consider buying it or is it a dog???? whoever read this far deserves a gold medal for stamina!!! cheers

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

i spose the price is ok if its super nice n mint, id imagine most of em have had a good thrash ,but parts are avail to rebuild em .

the ex manifold is the rare bit...the rest of the turbo can be had easily

3. stealthwagon Forum Member

is it the one off e-bay?
    the 16v takes well to a turbo conversion and if its been looked after wether its been thrashed or not should be fine.take someone with you to view it who knows about turbo motors.i own a stealth built 16vt which i've owned for almost 2 yrs now and i would'nt be without it. :)
    the price sounds good if the cars right,i paid abit more for mine.if you need anymore info pm me.or do a search on here,the 16vt has been discussed a few times.
    cheers Neil.

4. nick666 New Member

i'll bear that in mind. cheers guys.

by the way more advice will still be appreciated!!!