Mk 3 Gti engine problem :(

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Tony101, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Tony101

Tony101 Forum Member

Hey people,

I've just had the head replaced on my Golf as 2 manifold studs were broken and you could hear the exhaust/manifold spitting.. I had a spare head due to a complete engine change last year..
    Since I got it back the engine stutters on low rev whilst driving?? I tempted to think timing?? As that was all that has been changed.. I might go and move the dizzy and see if that clears it up?
    Is there a rule of thumb as far as the dizzy is concerned? I've asked around for a timing gun but no one local has one :(

any other ideas much appreciated..

thank you

2. Tony101

Tony101 Forum Member

I think I fixed it?? Been busy fixing that and my central locking.. and gave the beast a wash.. Good times ;)

3. garnetteyes Forum Member

I'm assuming your engine in an AGG 2.0 8v. The ignition timing is not adjustable in that way it's ECU controlled using crank sensor etc..

Have you plugged into VCDS? I'm only in Nuneaton if you're stuck mate, I have timing light, Vagcom and a 20month old I'm generally eager to escape!

4. Tony101

Tony101 Forum Member

I thinks its ok thanks buddy? I am looking into buying a VCDS for my self they aren't too bad a price and always handy ;)

Will the VCDS tell me what's wrong with the Air bag light and ABS light?? Many thanks

5. garnetteyes Forum Member

It should tell you they've registered a fault. It'll tell you which wheel has an ABS fault, which is handy