MK1 02a cable clutch conversion

Discussion in 'TSR Performance' started by jettadan, Jun 2, 2009.

1. jettadan Forum Member

Hi.

Are you still selling these conversion kits and how much are they at present?

Please can you tell me what is included in the kit i.e. the appropriate brackets for the gearbox, clutch cable etc etc. Will there be anything else i need to get the clutch/gearbox working? (i've got the necessary gearbox mounts).

I take it that the kit will be fine with a 02a fitted with a Quaife 6-speed synchro kit?

Also, do you sell spherical bearing conversion kits for the shift cables and any short shift kits for the above gearbox?

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

2. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

We do the clutch conversion kit they cost 125 it includes the 2 brackets and the clutch cable required. This should be all you need. We don't do any spherical bearings b&m do a short shift kit for this but they don't feel that great to be honest.

3. jettadan Forum Member

Spot on - i'll get one ordered after next pay day!

My friend has a B&M on his MK1 (02m) and isn't impressed with the feel - i think we'll get a short shift from Compbrake then.

Thanks,

Dan.