MK1 1.8T

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Markb, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Markb New Member

Just joined and I am looking for some info on this conversion.

What is the best base car for the conversion? (1.3, GTi etc..) I was thinking about a 1.3 driver as I am going to gut it anyway. Roll cage etc..

If I base it on the 1.3 what will I be missing that I require off the GTi? (I.E. Rear brakes, Anti roll bars etc..)

Can the ABS be used off the 1.8T? Or is it best to get some 6 pots instead? (Will be removing PAS, Air con etc..)

How much much am I looking for, for a decent 1.8T (180 or 225)?

Finally how much would I be looking at for the conversion? (Phoned Dubsport, but the main man is off til the 9th)

Thanks in advance

2. nutter4x4 Paid Member Paid Member

firstly use an gti, if you can find a cheap one it will be easier for wiring in the 1.8T lump, i wouldn`t even bother with the ABS, its a pain in the arse to fit to a car that hasnt got it, my ABS doesnt even work on my car its better without it. try designa dubs they have a good reputation for using the original ecu which could save you a few bucks, i think its around for 4k for supply and fit but i not sure so DONT quote me on it
    Edited by: nutter4x4

3. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Yeah Nutter4x4, your right, DesignaDubs will do a mk1 20VT conversion for 4K drive in, drive out. Expect to be without the car for about a month while the conversion is done.

4. fionn Forum Member

What 1.8t will they fit for the 4k?

5. nutter4x4 Paid Member Paid Member

ring them and find out, they dont bite unless you upset dave ;) . i don`t want say unless i`m wrong [:s]

6. fionn Forum Member

Wouldnt want to waste their time in case I never went for it.Just thought someone might know.

7. mellowyellow New Member

8. fionn Forum Member

4500 euros what? You'll supply & fit a 1.8t for 4500 euros is it?

9. micky1 Forum Member

Dave :lol: gotta love him.