Mk1 8v turbo

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Mk1 Willis, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Mk1 Willis Paid Member Paid Member

Hey all new to the group . Im the owner of Lhasa green mk1 golf gti 8v turbo I was maybe hoping to find the previous owner or somebody with some knowledge of these set ups ? It’s not running right since putting the engine back in after paint , pretty sure it’s the vac lines which aren’t connected to the right places ( weren’t marked up right before removal ) and a standard gti is not the same set up any help would be appreciated.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Sounds interesting, I dont have any decent info to hand on these though unfortunately. Once you get a few more posts and you can upload images direct to the forum, save having to deal with photobucket taking them hostage and putting watermarks over everything

3. Mk1 Willis Paid Member Paid Member

[​IMG]
    I had a go with photo bucket but I’m not too good with technology! How many post do I need to post before I can upload ? Will I be able to upload straight from my phone ? Thanks for the reply

4. rubjonny

just upgraded your account manually, you should be good to go :)

5. Mk1 Willis Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks!

6. Mk1 Willis Paid Member Paid Member

CC4CC1B3-7123-41BC-88CC-DAB3E4BF54CA.jpeg CC4CC1B3-7123-41BC-88CC-DAB3E4BF54CA.jpeg

Attached Files:

dodgy and erreesse like this.
  7. rubjonny

that did the trick :)

Mk1 Willis likes this.
  8. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Nice car, great colour. Bought some bits off a guy that had a mk1 turbo engine for sale, was loom, intercooler and everything, he had it in a caddy for a while I think.

9. Mk1 Willis Paid Member Paid Member

Unfortunately it’s not a turbo technics it’s look like a bit of a home brew set but prior to removing the engine it started on the button now it just won’t run right

dodgy likes this.
  10. rubjonny

Can't see a non-return valve on your brake servo hose and maybe an open hose to the breather near there which used to go to it. Other thing if it has the aav valve still double check you have the 5th injector and aav plugs the right way round. If you have aav on 5th injector it'll be open constantly making mixture very rich

11. g60gerry Paid Member Paid Member

hey ... any progress on this car? .. it look so nice .. plus i had the same set up, but mine was an original turbo technics engine...