mk1 citi golf (faster please)

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by jonjwt, Oct 16, 2004.

1. jonjwt New Member

can anyone give me some inexpensive ideas n how to speed up my golf,its a s.a import and had a full engine rebuild less than 500m ago, compared to my old mk2 8v it feels very slugish.if anyone knows out about the citi golf i would be very interested to hear from them cheers.

2. Cleggstar Forum Member

i dont know what engines the citi's have but you could do some diy head work?

3. jonjwt New Member

the car is on a k plate the engine is 1800cc 8v but i was hopeing someone might know if the s.a eng was of a differant spec to the u.k .or was it restricted in any way

4. Unknown Forum Junkie

what engine number is it? I'd guess a 2.0 block would give it some more guts, or just a 2.0 16v.... [:D]

5. jonjwt New Member

no idea what the engine no is, but a valver eng sounds nice but at the moment to expensive and the engine in has just had a 1100 rebuild. so it seems a waste to change it at the moment.

6. Oplaii Forum Member

I've got a k reg citi golf it came with a 1.8 carb'd engine 'HV' is the code, but it now says '9A' ;)

Should make it go a little better [:D]

got any pics of your car?
    Edited by: Oplaii

7. prof Forum Addict

think the gearbox is a dfq very high geared one, an 8v mk2 box would make it go a lot better

8. jonjwt New Member

thanks for all the advice ,i now shall put to use of that spare mk2 gearbox i have :p and the person also with the fake mk 1 what have you done to your car axactly? also i do have some pics if you want [:s]