mk1 downforce/stability improvement

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by M7R, Feb 1, 2008.

1. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I cant go any lower though on the front, as i already have to pull on the drive sideways so i can get on lol

2. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

If you car is slightly nose down then you are putting all the weight of the car over the front wheels and making the backend very light as ther eis no weight in the rear of a mk1 anyway. I do think you need the cat corner weighted mate. My MK1 feels solid flat out and even fully committed cornering at 110+ What spring rates are you using and stick your battery in the rear spare wheel well instead of that fuel tank you were on about.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  3. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

on the spring rates im not sure, the last owner fitted the FK coil overs. I am considering the batery to the rear but it wont be going in the spare wheel well as this is still used to carry a spare when on the road.

on the corner weights this will be done soon but not untill im happy ive finished the majoity of the stripping and new bits etc. i think i Im about there but i would still like to loose a few more kg if i can

4. fthaimike Forum Addict

This any help to you?

[​IMG]

5. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

hmm yep... maybe able to get some sheet steel too from my dads work. cheers Mike