MK1 G60 Plots

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by Ade.Mk1, May 26, 2007.

1. Ade.Mk1 Forum Member

Hi,

Got my car back from Mid VW today after its 1000 mile checkup following a G60 conversion.
    They put it on their rollers, it produced 190 BHP - really pleased with that.
    Here are the plots:-
    [​IMG]

The blue line is before the tune up after putting 1000 miles on it.
    It was originally fitted with a pitstops chip but this gave very strange idle problems - it would hang on to the revs at about 2K for 10 to 15 seconds after a blast and then the idle would hunt badly - good power though.
    Jody fitted a Jabba chip instead and it now has a brilliant idle and virtually the same BHP with a small torque reduction - but it feels great on the road and that is what matters !!

Looking forward to inters - decided to run the 1/4 mile this year - always chickened out before.

I have to say that the guys and gals at Midland VW are brilliant - Top marks for quality and service - cheers Jody

2. wolfsburg85 Forum Member

Good stuff! What's the spec of your engine? if you don't mind me asking.

3. lairy_1

lairy_1 CGTI Regional Host

I'll be at Inters too - mine's in for a rolling road tune at Midland VW the day before Inters.

It's had a new block put in by Jody recently, after we put a hole in a piston at Santa Pod last month.

Inter will be the first 1/4 mile test since the new engine and clutch, so not sure how it'll do!

I'll look out for you!

Matt.

4. Admin Guest

aren't the PSD chips SNS types? and do weird things like that?

great power, plenty fast enough in a mk1 i can tell you.