Mk1 golf 1.8 8v wiring help needed

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Stefano2109, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Hi folks new to the forum quick question I have a 1.8 8v mk1 golf cab am needing help wiring the car up it’s turning over but no spark not sure if av connected all the fuse box properly as the indicator light on the dash illuminates when ignition is turned on av changed the ignition switch aswell so that sorted the problem a had with that Help plz lol

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

is it a carb or injection engine? probe the spare terminal at the coil with the 2 black wires to it, if its original it'll have a blank spade terminal on it to avoid chance of shorting. if its aftermarket there may only be 2 terminals, if so probe the metal between them or just remove the black wires and probe them both, one of them should have ignition live from the fusebox.

Stefano2109 likes this.
  3. Thanks buddy found the reason why av no spark some one has cut the black ignition wire from fuse box too coil no idea why a bough this loom second hand to fit to mine reconnected it and I have a spark now thanks again for the reply am sure al be needing more help soon lol

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

aha, probably an old alarm that got removed I guess but not fully fixed up after