Mk1 Jetta Gli 2 door info

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by 16v Bazz, Apr 20, 2012.

1. 16v Bazz New Member

Hi all,
    Im looking for a little more info on the Mk1 Jetta Gli 2 door with the early type dash and clocks. I would like to know how many of these were produced in right hand drive and if anyone has one?

After a little over 13 years of ownership of my Mk1 Jetta Gli 2 door factory right hand drive with the early dash, i'm finally getting around to starting the restoration :lol:.

I bought the car back in 98 as a non runner and saved it from becoming and autograss car :o but being young and more interested in beer and women the project went on hold for a few years then a mortgage and the joy of paying my own bills came along [><] so the car sat in my garage for 2 more years then i finally got the car ready for surgery and my friend informed me he had found a scrapper t3 van that needed a new home so the car went back into the corner of the garage and my camper was born [:D] but after 7 years of playing with my van its now time to start operation Jetta :thumbup:

Im sure someone on here will have more info on the numbers of this type of Jetta produced and i look forward to reading the replys, I will look for my photos of the car from 98 and upload a few if anyone is interested