mk1 jetta request

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by dubdave, Jun 19, 2006.

1. dubdave Forum Member

hey there, would someone be able to photoshop this for me? i might be buying this soon and i want to know what it will look like slammed on some ATS classics or something similar. other suggestions etc... will be much appreciated. am a fan of the hoodride style, rat stylez and other old skool vibes... roof racks etc. anyways, if anyones bored, would be cool to see what she'll look like :) feel free to play around with her :p

[​IMG]

2. dubdave Forum Member

using the tutorials on vortex, managed to swap the wheels, altho im using adobe 7, so the tools are a little different and im having trouble slamming it, any help?

heres the wheel change, little sketchy, but hey, im a photoshop virgin [:$]

[​IMG]

3. dubdave Forum Member

dodgy silver strips removed/smoothed, again a bodge job [:$] and i can see this getting addictive [:[] :lol: [8(]

[​IMG]

wht u all think so far? and any pointers?

4. dubdave Forum Member

woohoo! im getting the hang of this now :p

[​IMG]

ok, so the shadow at the bottoms a bit of a mess, and i need to get rid of those silver stripes, but am teaching myself bit by bit, any pointers on smoothing the door handles? and changing the colour of the lights?

thanx :)

5. vw_tees Forum Member

il hav a go, and post it up abit later. :)

6. [g2]oma Forum Member

it looks like the back to the future car... tis floating :lol:

ok lowering the easy way:

1. make a selection of the top half of ur image with the polygonal lasso tool, but draw the bottom of your selection like this (around the arches then out to the sides of the image from the bumpers)

[​IMG]

2. right click > layer via copy

3. u should have the bit above the red line in a new layer

4. move the layer down using the move tool by clicking and dragging (or select the move tool then using the arrow keys). you'll see the image below appearing from behind the new layer (where i've labelled dodgy)

[​IMG]

5. Use the crop tool to chop off the dodgy bit of the image (select the crop tool, draw around what u want to keep then press enter)

6. I've changed the wheels, added a bit of shadow on the tyres after i lowered it to make them look like theyre under the arches and shrpened it up a bit too.

[​IMG]

oma

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2006
  7. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

Rat-tastic:

[​IMG]

8. dubdave Forum Member

nice 1! :thumbup: cheers boys, theyre awesome! lovin it! if ya bored, keep em coming? im kinda novice so just doin loads of daft things like changing the colour, its 2 addictive tho... :lol:

9. dubdave Forum Member

wud anyone be able to polizei it for me? having trouble making the whole car white, and adding the green stripe etc...

ill try and post example pics up soon....

10. vw_tees Forum Member

saw these rims on a jetta @ inters, sure looked [8D]

[​IMG]

11. vw_tees Forum Member

heres a quick polizei one 4 ya m8!! ;)

[​IMG]

12. dubdave Forum Member

[8D] theyre all so cool!! cheers guys! btw, i bought the car ;) 340squid! :p got him down to that from 500, needs some work, but as its my daily driver, shes gonna have to be sensible

on second thoughts, sod that, need some adjustable coilies, some wide 13" wheels, clear front indicators, smoked red and black rear lights, and a new door card, so if anyones got any suggestions, or parts? anything else might be considered, depends how rich im feeling, lol.

again tho, nice 1 :thumbup:

13. jettadeluxe New Member

Is my one rat enough for ya?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. [g2]oma Forum Member

15. [g2]oma Forum Member

16. dubdave Forum Member

jetta deluxe! dude, ur cars sweet! ive had a picture of it as my desktop background for about a month!! lol.

errrm, where did you get ur clear side repeaters? your roof rack? your whole chrome door handles [are they porsche?]? and your lowering kit?

cheers :)

17. jettadeluxe New Member

eBay.de, eBay.co.uk, ebay.de and ebay.de, in that order! lol

Coilovers are Supersports, f'kin hard ride, but cheap, you can get them on ebay.co.uk for aroun 300 notes delivered. The clear side repeaters can from ebay.de, so just search Jetta 1 on there and hope they'll post to the UK. Roofrack was from some bloke up north, its a pretty tatty homemade copy affair, didnt realise until it was delivered. Doorhandles are from the German company that makes new Golf 1 chrome bumpers, can't remember the name though. I have a pair of genuine chrome front handles that I'd sell, just need to swicth your lock barrels over.