Mk2 ABF coolant flange

Discussion in '16-valve' started by benjamminsawick, May 21, 2016.

1. benjamminsawick New Member

Hi, have a problem on the coolant system of my abf converted mk2. I have had to change the right hand side head coolant flange due to it leaking. The original one that was on had the temp sensor on it but they no longer make these so I have had to buy one without. I have been told that I can just take the red/yellow wire of the plug and plug it to the spare sensor on the head and then get rid of the brown wire. I have done this and now the fan will not kick in when it usually does? Any ideas? Thanks in advance

2. Ben_s Forum Member

Spare sensor?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

what you have done is fine, the fan is on a totally separate circuit top the dash sender so is an unrelated issue.

check the wirign to the fan and thermoswitch, there is a 2 pin plug near the rad which can corrode so unplug that and buff the pins. check you have 12v across the 2 wires as well, if not check the fuse and chase the wiring back for damage. if you loop a wire between the red wire on the thermoswitch and the red/white then red/black the fan should run on slow then fast. if not chase the wiring back for damage. try jumpign rqad fan direct from the battery too, if it still wont go then the fan itself is knackered, or wedged on the rad or shround