Mk2 AUQ doesn’t run

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NickMcCartney, Feb 10, 2021.

1. NickMcCartney New Member

Hi all. I’m new on the forum. Please tell me if I’ve posted in wrong section.

I’ve just bought a mk2 golf as a non runner. It’s a blue 5 door GL and it has the AUQ 20vt setup in it.

I can’t for the life of me get the engine to start and I’d love some ideas of things to check.

All wiring/fuses/relays look to be in good order and connected.

Has good strong spark on all four plugs when cranking.

Valve timing is spot on.

Fuel pump and cooling fans have been hard wired to two switches on the Dash. (I’m assuming at some point these systems went wrong so someone did this. But they both work so I’m happy with that for the time being. Petrol is getting to the fuel rail but the injectors aren’t firing.
    For some reason there’s no power supply to the injectors. So I gave them a temporary permanent live and they still won’t activate. Checked for earth pulse at the 4 pins on the ECU and only one pin was showing a good earth pulse.
    With fuel rail removed with injectors still connected they don’t spray when cranking.

move also replaced crank sensor as this wasn’t showing any signals.

I have a feeling the ECU may have died, although I know this is unusual. (Removed ECU and opened it up. The pins and board look ok nothing looks burnt or corroded).

I have spent many hours scratching my head and guess I’m looking for ideas of things to check.

many thanks. Nick