mk2 g60 conversion

Discussion in '8-valve' started by k1r4n, Aug 15, 2008.

1. k1r4n New Member

hey guys i really need someones help.

I've basically taken on my first build and by some magically luck i have a full running g60 corrado in my drive with rear damage, and a mk2 golf 1.8 gl.

I'm looking to take on a sleeper project of the mk2 golf and get her rolling as soon as poss.

Ive nearly finished stripping down the corrado for parts but i was wondering if anybody could walk me through a complete front end swap i.e front subframe, power steering rack, wishbones, suspension, you get the idea. Im at the stage where both cars have had bumpers, wings, slam panel, lights, bonnet removed and the corrado's interior has only the loom and a couple of forgotten pieces of trim to come out.

Only reason i ask is ive worked on corrados for a year but have only worked on them from the top never underneath, lol, sorry still a newbie! I know its a big task to take on but ive put my heart and soul into my engine and cant bare to let it go.

i was wondering if firsty the interior of the mk2 golf had to be stripped to fit the g60 loom or could it be spliced into the original mk2 golfs loom, where could i mount the g60's original intercooler, and about changing brake lines for the g60's brakes.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated from anyone, thanks guys, kiran.