MK2 Golf 2.25" Stainless Exhausts

Discussion in 'Trackslag.com' started by Trackslag, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Trackslag

Trackslag Forum Member Trader

If you've been reading our forum for a while, you'll already know about our 2.5" exhaust system for the forced induction and higher displacement cars. Well here's something for all of you in the sub 200 bhp bracket. Since making our 2.5" system, we've turned away a few people with 8v's and 16v's because the 2.5" system was too big and would be hurt power, rather help it.
    This, along with starting to make exhausts for the MK2 Golf race cars, brings you the single exit 2.25" version.

The first one to go racing, is on Alex Nuttalls car (winner in class last time out at Brands Hatch). I've just seen his build thread on here http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?265905-My-MK2-8v-gti-race-car which prompted this thread. Alex was in need of a new system quickly so we didn't get a chance to do any fancy pics, so I'll have to steal his for now, lol
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for sharing Alex, it's much appreciated. All the best in the next round :thumbup:

Richard Mk2 likes this.
  2. Trackslag

Now that's just greedy! Here's Simon Tomlinson struggling with his trophies (not a bad problem to have..) We're proud to have played our small part in helping him take class wins in three race wins at Rockingham, not to mention 4th overallagainst the 16v class in his 8v! (and 2 fastest laps)
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Alex Nuttall had a mixed bag at Rockingham. After electrical gremlins put him to the back in qualifying, he still managed solid results with
    3rd and 4th places. Not bad whilst learning the circuit layout!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

This won't be the last time that you see these chaps on the podium, Thanks gents!

So... come and get your race proven Mk2 Golf exhaust systems :thumbup:

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  3. 8bitAl Forum Member

Hi mate, I'm looking for an exhaust to replace my standard 8v GTI system, in your honest opinion would one of your exhausts be too loud for a daily driver? I want to try to avoid drone on the motorway etc.

Do you have any video clips of it on an 8v?

Lastly, my car is a small bumper, I'm really trying to avoid the odd look most after market exhausts have on a small bumper as most are designed for big bumpers. Is there options for shorter tail pipes for small bumper cars?

Thanks.

Alex. :)

4. Trackslag

Hi Alex, thanks for thinking of us.

Our 2.25" system will be spot on for you.
    It will not drone on the motorway and will pass nearly all trackday noise tests.
    It's based on the big bumper version but because the tips are single wall pipe, they're easily trimmed to length.
    If this is something that you don't fancy doing yourself, I'll do it before sending it out.
    The only video clip we have of it on an 8v is one where it's flying by at Oulton Park, on the two 8v cars which took 1st and 2nd in class, in the Dunlop championship. It's on our Facebook page but I can't link it in here, sorry.
    Alex Nuttall has one on his road going 8v too.
    I've also got one in stock at the moment :-)

5. 8bitAl Forum Member

Good stuff! I've watched the clip at Oulton but only through my iphone speaker, i'll get my headphones on tonight and give it another watch.

A few more questions, will the system fit to a stock down pipe with an adaptor or is it designed for a four branch and require a extension piece, etc?

How would you describe the sound at idle and at part throttle, I'm trying to stay away from raspy exhausts but realise stainless systems do tend to be raspier than mild/aluminised steel.

6. Trackslag

The front of the system terminates under the shifter area. Like you've already said, this is where the after market manifolds/headers finish.
    If you've got a standard manifold, you'll need an extension piece, all of which we can help out with.
    We rarely see the same thing twice! :-)

Noise at idle is a nice smooth note, barely audible unless you're stood by the tips. Part throttle is similar but obviously louder.
    It doesn't sound like you want to race the person next to you away from the lights either.
    We have a wide range of customers, from teenagers to people nearer their pensions than they would care to admit, all of which are happy.
    Pm me your number and I'll give you a call if you would like to have a proper chat ????

7. 8bitAl Forum Member

Sounds pretty much perfect. I'm 33 so really am trying to avoid sounding like a Saxo/Civic driver.

I'll PM you in the next month, I'm just waiting on my expenses for our year end at work.

Thanks for all your help, mate. :)

8. Trackslag

It's been a while since we updated this thread and everyone loves to hear about race proven products, especially in a niche market such as our's!

The Teekay Couplings 2016 MK2 Golf Gti championship was another exciting year of close racing, which went all the way to the final round at Donnington Park before the winners were crowned

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Matthew Petts (M J Petts Plumbing and Heating services) took our 2.25" system from our shelves, straight to the top step of the 8v Class championship this year. Consistent results meant that even after a massive crash coming out of the Craner curves, he still secured the overall 8v class win!
    Luckily Matthew walked away from an incident worthy of a Hollywood blockbuster scene, however the car wasn't as lucky, but it did it's job.

Wesley Chatterton, also running our 2.25" exhaust, took 2nd place overall in the 8v class. Wes showed great determination throughout the year and got plenty of silverware to show for it.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Well done gentlemen! :clap: