Mk2 Golf 8v downpipe

Discussion in 'VW Heritage (formerly Big Boys Toys)' started by jonlikescad, Mar 5, 2012.

1. jonlikescad Forum Member

Hi VWH,

I'm looking at getting the above for my 89 8v (your part 191-253-091/C) - can you tell me what the quality is like?

I find it really hard to find a decent exhaust which is quiet and am gutted that the current OEM one is rotting away and getting louder.

If anyone can confirm whether I can expect OEM like sound levels / performance from this (and other listed silencer boxes for 89 8v) then that would be great! Website doesn't have a little box underneath picture to say whether quality is Repro/OEM so any help much appreciated. I'm hoping at ~155 that it is OEM like!

I find it hard to choose between a new OEM downpipe or an aftermarket 4-branch which will remove the OEM manifold too.

Cheers,

Jon.

2. Pluginz Forum Member

3. jonlikescad Forum Member

Thanks, but I've been burnt (not literally!) by 2nd hand exhaust parts in the past.

4. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

5. jonlikescad Forum Member

Thanks for the update Andy :thumbup: