Mk2 Golf 8v fit into a 16v

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Mk2Ro, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Mk2Ro New Member

So I was wondering they have a 8v Mk2 golf for sale and I’m trying to buy it for spare parts and what not since the car doesn’t want to turn on. I have a Mk2 GTi 16v, would I be able to fit the throttle body of the 8v into the 16v? Might sound dumb but I want to learn everything about my car

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

No, not a swappable part.
    Why do you want to swap the throttle body?

3. Mk2Ro New Member

Oh I’m just wondering just in case my TB is bad, plus my buddy told me it’s never a bad idea to have an extra TB and Injection system because it is getting harder to find parts where I’m at.

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if the 8v is a kjet you can use the 16v throttle, if its an early one ignore the throttle switch if late you can wire up the cold throttle enrichment on the 16v switch to the 8v wiring.

if its a digifant it physically fits but you need to try and swap the ide and wot switches over from the 8v throttle, with a bit of thought should be doable or you may find the linkages swap right over not actually tried that.

tbh theres not a lot that can go wrong on them really so if you must mess with it remove it & clean till spotless then check function. if the throttle butterflies all open and close ok and the throttle switch(es) work then thats just about everything you need to worry about

Mk2Ro likes this.
  5. Mk2Ro New Member

Ah ok! This is why I love these forums! Y’all are super helpful! I’m happy to be an owner of a Mk2 GTi