mk2 golf gti 8V fly wheel

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by markis236, Feb 16, 2015.

1. markis236 New Member

hi all
    looking to try and buy a mk2 golf gti 8v 1991 digifant lightened flywheel to take a 210 mm clutch but i have no idear where to buy one and don't fancy trying to get one from america and help would be much appreciated.

thank Mark.

2. 8bitAl Forum Member

I'm sure there was a bloke around on the forums who used to do this, not sure if he's still doing it.

I'm also after one for my 8v, really considering importing from America. I've priced one up at 180 delivered.

Probably have to pay a bit of import tax too, if you get "lucky".

Alex. :)

3. markis236 New Member

What website are you looking at is it that BBM website ? And is it worth the money with my mods? as I have a skimed head with polished ports and I pipper cam at 270 duration (ultimate road cam) with a milltek 4 to 1 with a 2" big bore exhuste.

Thanks mark.

4. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Yes there is a guy on here that does it, but he's not on very often so will PM you both his contact details....oh and he'll be cheaper than that as well I am sure :thumbup:

5. Paul 16v Forum Member

I have a spare 020 flywheel if you want one to send off

6. 8bitAl Forum Member

Awesome stuff!!! Thanks Mitlom[:D]

I'm good for a flywheel, Paul. The engine is out of the car so it's not a case of playing swapsies to keep it on the road, thanks for offering it up for us, maybe Mark could make use of it? :thumbup:

Mark, the website I found the flywheels on is Eurosport Accesories, I've ordered parts from them before.

Here's a link to the flywheel.

http://www.eurosportacc.com/collect...ort-lightened-steel-flywheel-2-pin-vw-mk2-mk3

Black Forest Industries also sell one, it's lighter than the Eurosport one too, only problem is they don't ship to the UK. You can get round this by using a third party shipping company.

Personally, if the price is right, I'll be having my stock flywheel lightened.

Thanks everyone.

Alex. :)