Mk2 Golf GTI stolen 10/11th June in Bristol area...

Discussion in 'Stolen' started by tentonipete, Jun 12, 2007.

1. tentonipete New Member

Hey guys,

My car was stolen over the weekend while I was away climbing big hills. My Saxophone was in the back, so that's gone too, and makes the whole thing suck even more.

If the car was stolen with the intention of an identity change and a quick sale, there's a good chance it will be left parked-up somewhere to cool off for a few weeks before it finds its way into a local paper or onto a boat for export. There's also a good chance it will still be in Bristol somewhere, so you can keep an eye out wherever you go it's probably in a lock-up out of sight, but you never know.

It looks like this:

[​IMG]

Note the distinctive cross-spoke BBS alloys. The registration number is G171 VYX, though a better guide to identification is the palm-sized patch of faded/discoloured paint on the driver's side front wing, just above the side of the bumper.

[​IMG]

Also there are a few bubbles of rust by the blanked-off wiper hole on the passenger side, and a piece of material has been sewn into the driver's seat that doesn't quite match the rest. This last is quite hard to spot unless close up, but once you see it it's a real giveaway.

If you see anything, just let me know via PM and I will pass the details on to the police. I would also appreciate it if you could pass this information on to any friends who may be able to help.

Thanks.