Mk2 GTI 1.9 Turbo, 8v

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by DuBbEd, Apr 4, 2004.

1. DuBbEd New Member

Considering buying a this turbo'd 1.9 gti.

Turbo is from a peugeot diesel and manifold was built by owner. Been for test drive and car is very quick and seems to run fine as owner is mechanic. de-bagged grill, with single crystal headlamp conversion, s/s scorpion exhaust and lowered, pretty standard apart from that.

car has no service history and has had accident damage on front right wing, now repaired. Done 107k, 4k since bored out to 1.9 and turbo fitted.

the guy is asking 1995 which i think is over priced,

has anyone got any advice on turbo'd gti's regarding other mods that need to be done so the engine isn't burnt out in 6 months!

I currently drive a '94 mk3 2.0 GTI 8v but not excited by the performance.

2. DuBbEd New Member

I'ts a 1991 on H plate by the way.

3. oakgreen16vbeas New Member

was the Cr altered, is it k jet or digi, is there na overboost system on it, what intercooler is used, these are the questions Ive been asking before I start building my mk1 8v turbo conversion, so if I were you id prob ask this guy the same

Price seems ok for an H plate though

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Diesel turbos are far from ideal for petrol engines. TT knows more about it if you want more info.....

5. leon New Member

I would be wondering how the fuelling was increased and what pistons were used, where they forged, What compression is used. Intercooler can always be upgraded at a later stage. What ECU is it running. Is it possible to change the turbo or is the manifold specific to Peugeot diesel turbo.
    I recently build a 1.9 8v turbo mk2 and it cost a hell of a lot more than 2k