Mk2 gti Ce2 swap to g60

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Chargemeup, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Chargemeup New Member

Hi all, currently converting my 91 mk2 gti to a g60. I have all the bits to do it however i have been given 2 wiring looms. I know I will need to extend a few wires as the ecu will be in a different position to the Corrado it came out of but my question is, is it just the ecu wiring loom that requires replacing? Apologies if this has been answered before on another forum but I’ve searched with no obvious answers. TIA

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you can just throw the corrado wiring straight in and it'll work prretty much perfect, the only thing you may need to do is move the ecu towards the middle of the scuttle but theres loads of room under the wiper mech and it wont be too hard to make a bracket up or just velcro it down tbh :lol:

if you wanted to make it more 'oe' stlye mk2 fit you would strip all the tape off it and tweak till it sits more like original mk2, you could go a step further and separate the ecu sensor harness from the main bay harness and have it plug in near the ecu in the scuttle like a factory mk2 g60 would, provided you have a mk2 digifant ce2 loom.

the only thing is you wont have the 6 pin plug the mk2 g60 has, instead the mk2 digi has a 5 pin plug. but the 6th pin though isn't important, its just for the 'delay switch off' ecu relay pin which doesn't do anything critical and many g60 didn't even have this pin anyway

3. Chargemeup New Member

Thanks @rubjonny thats great information! I do want to go as oem as I can so I will look at splitting and re taping the loom. I’ll be sure to take plenty of pics before removing the old loom. I’ll try and post some progress pics up, thanks again

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Another way you can go is repin the Digi ECU loom to convert it to g60, you'll have to chop the maf plug and rewire to co pot, add a wire for the throttle switches, run a wire from ecu straight to coil then bin the spark module and also add a lambda probe plug. Plus a couple other things I may be forgetting.

Only worth it if your g60 loom is trashed and you have a really nice Digi loom though (or don't have a g60 loom at all)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022