Mk2 heater doesnt blow as hard on hot as it used to

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by Rick 16v Mk2, Dec 13, 2006.

1. muppet9966 Forum Member

Well my heating was working fine since I replaced the valves (with 2nd hand ones) untill last night when I was driving in central London the bloody heating packed up!!
    Was going to buy some new valves but they cost too much, so Im just going to bypass them.

2. gti_kev Forum Member

Going to be binning mine tomorrow!

Only problem i have is that the windscreen vent on the drivers side (there are 4) is really weak, hardly anything blows out of it while the one next to it blows a gale!

Is that section individually sectioned off? or is it just one straight piece? as i have stuck coat hangers down there to see if there was a blockage but could not find anything, and yes i have blocked the others up and it's still the same!

Any ideas?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  3. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

mines similar, but with a new matrix and bypassed valves the furnace coming from the middle vent is more than enough to clear the screen.

4. gti_kev Forum Member

Hopefully with the pipes in it will not matter then! cheers!

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I think the vent area is all one unit, im guessing the bulk of the air is just blowing straight up!